This sweet and fruity RASPBERRY PEACH ICED TEA is sure to be a summer staple! Simple black tea gets spruced up with an infused syrup using fresh peaches and raspberries!
Iced tea one of my all time favorite beverages. I usually drink it unsweetened but man I SO love a good sweet tea. Give me a fruity sweet tea and I’m in heaven. One of my all time favorite teas is the peach iced tea from The Olive Garden. When my husband and I were first dating we ate there frequently, mostly because I just loved their iced tea. It seems silly but sometimes a girl just needs her iced tea.
Now that I have a fondness for making my own versions of things at home, tea is one of my favorites to make. Its so simple and takes only a few ingredients (win-win). From classic sweet tea to my own version of Olive Garden’s peach tea, I love playing with flavors. Recently one of my favorite fruit combos is raspberries and peaches together – I just love it! Sweet and a little tangy, basically the perfect complement to a glass of ice cold tea!
Real Housemoms TV
We start this tea off my making an infused simple syrup with peaches and raspberries – You can use fresh or frozen here, it doesn’t really matter. After we let them steep we strain out the fruit, which I highly recommend saving to use on top or ice cream, yogurt or even stir into you morning oatmeal. What’s left is this brightly hued pink syrup that is candy sweet. So SO good! Once you have your syrup made you have a few options: Stir it all into a batch of tea (that’s what my directions indicate) or you can keep the syrup separate and stir it into each individual glass, which gives you the option to make it as sweet as you’d like – and use the syrup for other things (hellooo cocktails!).
Want an extra little tip for this tea? Freeze some peach slices and raspberries to use in each glass in place of (or addition to) ice cubes! Just grab a lounge chair by the pool, a good book and glass of this tea – that sounds like summer to me!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 ½ cups peaches pitted and sliced
- 3-4 bags of black tea or 2 family sized tea bags
- 8 cups water
- In a medium saucepan, stir together water, sugar, peaches and raspberries. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and let mixture simmer until sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from heat, cover and let steep for 25 minutes.
- While the syrup is steeping, make tea. In a large pot bring water to a boil and steep tea bags in water 3-4 minutes or until tea is to your desired strength. Once brewed, remove tea bags and transfer to a pitcher then refrigerate to cool.
- Once the syrup mixture has steeped, pour over a fine mesh strainer to removed fruit pieces (fruit can be reserved for another use). Chill in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- After both the tea and syrup have chilled, pour syrup into the tea*, stirring to combine. Serve over ice and garnish with additional peach slices and raspberries if desired.
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!