Chocolate Keto Mug Cake is perfectly moist and easy to make. You only need one mug, a handful of ingredients, and a microwave to make this cake!
Keto Mug Cake made with almond flour, cocoa powder and coconut flour, microwave mug cake takes only one minute to cook. It is gluten-free, sugar-free and low carb. This mug cake recipe is for your back pocket when you need an easy fuss-free dessert in no time. The best part is this mug cake makes a single serving. It is effortless to create and believe it or not it can be done with only one hand! Whip everything in a single mug and put it in the microwave. When it’s time to make something decadent we love to use our favorite Red Velvet Cake recipe.
KETO CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DESSERT pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
If you are anything like me, then sweet craving might hit you at any time of the day. When you have a sudden desire for dessert, you can’t spend hours baking a cake. That is the reason I love microwave easy mug cake a lot. From a simple chocolate cake to Apple Peanut butter mug cake, you can make any cake in one minute.
Now when it comes to a mug cake which is keto and low carb, things get little tricky. Because there is no flour or regular sugar, the texture of the cake depends on the ratio of the ingredients used.
What is Keto?
- The keto diet is a high-fat, adequate-protein, low-carbohydrate diet. It forces the body to burn fats rather than carbohydrates. Keto recipes are easy to find nowadays, but we love them best when the recipes are tested and turn out to be a hit!
How to Make Keto Mug Cake
I like to use a mixture of almond flour and coconut flour. I have used only Almond flour, but find it little dense in texture. With only coconut flour, the coconut flavors overpower the chocolate taste. A mix of flour gives moist crumbs with a fluffy texture.
For keto desserts, I prefer using Errythorl. These alcohol based sweeteners don’t have any bad aftertaste. But you can use other keto friendly sweeteners and adjust the quantity as per our tase.
Cinnamon in a chocolate cake might sound little odd, but I like to add just a pinch of it. Mostly mug cakes taste little eggy to me. So pinch cinnamon goes a long way. If you have any reservations, then you can skip it.
Butter and egg are the wet ingredients here. Make sure you melt the butter and cool it before using.
- Use fresh coconut and almond flour.
- Make sure the mug has an 8 to 10 ounces capacity. The cake rises considerably when microwaved if the mug is not big enough then it will overflow.
- Keep the microwave at its highest power setting. For my microwave, the highest is 900 watts. Depending on the power setting cooking time might vary. If you are not sure about the settings, then start with 30 seconds, check and then microwave for 10-sec intervals. If the cake is overcooked, then it becomes dry. So you need to be careful of the cooking time.
Don’t forget to grab these other Keto friendly recipes!
- Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
- Keto Chocolate Chip Cookie Fat Bombs
- Warm Bacon Blue Cheese Dip
- Grilled Orange-Rosemary Salmon
- Asiago Asparagus
- Spinach, Egg, and Cheese Muffins
- More dessert recipes…
Tools used to make this Keto Mug Cake
Microwave Safe Mug: These classic white mugs are great for single-serving desserts or putting together an inviting coffee bar to start your day!
Measuring Spoons: These measuring spoons easily fit into spice containers and are well made to stand the test of time and your kitchen!
- 2 Tablespoon almond flour
- 2 Tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 Tablespoon coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 Tablespoon erythritol (or any Keto friendly sweetener)
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tablespoon unsalted butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Keto friendly chocolate (optional)
- In a microwave-safe mug (8-10 ounces) add egg, butter, and vanilla extract. Whisk well using a spoon.
- To the mug add all the dry ingredients almond flour, cocoa powder, coconut flour, baking powder, erythritol, cinnamon. Mix well to get rid of any lumps.
- Microwave at full power for 45 seconds. Check and if required microwave again for 10 seconds more.
- If making the chocolate drizzle, melt keto friendly chocolate in the microwave and drizzle on chocolate mug cake before serving.