Super tasty Slow Cooker Italian Pepperoncini Beef packs the perfect punch and spends all day cooking in the kitchen, so you don’t have to!
Made with just 4-ingredients, this super simple Slow Cooker Italian Pepperoncini Beef is the perfect plan-ahead dinner! Scoop some of this warm, spicy beef onto a fresh Italian roll with some fresh slices of provolone for a creation that will rival your favorite sandwich shop.
DINNER WITH A KICK
My husband and I love a little spice in our dinner, and lucky for us, this Slow Cooker Italian Pepperoncini Beef is also kid-approved! Slow-cooker proteins are my favorite because they’re always flavorful and make the best leftovers!
OTHER RECIPES TO SERVE WITH SLOW COOKER ITALIAN BEEF
- Beef Noodle Soup – You can easily substitute the ground beef in this recipe with leftover Italian Pepperoncini Beef!
- Baked Potato Salad – If you go the sandwich route, a scoop of this cool potato salad makes the perfect side!
- Green Chile Mac n Cheese – This creamy hatch chile mac is great as a side or even topped with spicy shredded beef!
Beef: I use a two or three-pound cut of round beef roast.
Seasoning: The beef is seasoned with salt and pepper and browned in olive oil. It is added to the crock pot and seasoned with a dry Italian salad dressing mix.
Broth: Slow cook this Italian pepperoncini beef in beef broth, pepperoncini juice, and whole, jarred pepperoncini.
Sandwich Fixings: All you need to turn this beef into a full meal are some sandwich buns and sliced mozzarella or provolone cheese.
HOW TO MAKE ITALIAN PEPPERONCINI BEEF
STEP ONE: Start by seasoning the beef roast with salt and pepper. Next, heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and brown the roast on all sides.
STEP TWO: Place the browned beef roast into the slow cooker and sprinkle a packet of dry Italian salad dressing mix over it. Pour 1 1/2 cups of beef broth and 1/2 jar of pepperoncini juice over the roast and add 10-14 whole pepperoncini. Cook the beef on low for 6-8 hours.
STEP THREE: In the last 40 minutes of cook time, remove the roast and place it on a cutting board. Allow the roast to rest for 10 minutes before shredding the meat with two forks. Return the shredded beef to the slow cooker for the remainder of the cooking time. Once finished, serve warm Slow Cooker Italian Pepperoncini Beef on an Italian sandwich roll topped with sliced cheese.
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
- If you want to play around with the level of spice, you can add more or fewer pepperoncini juice to your slow cooker.
- Allowing the meat to rest before shredding it will allow the juices time to reabsorb and keep your meat moist and flavorful.
WAYS TO DRESS UP YOUR ITALIAN BEEF SANDWICH
This slow-cooked beef is amazing on its own, but the easiest way to serve it to a crowd is to make Italian beef sandwiches! Start with a fresh Italian roll or a hoagie and pile lots of warm beef! From there, you can keep it simple by adding some sliced provolone or any cheese you prefer, or go for gold and build the beef sandwich of your dreams!
I will sometimes sauté peppers and onion to put in my sandwich – or even add them directly into the slow cooker! I also love to use hot Giardiniera or sandwich relish, but don’t worry – it comes in mild too! You can honestly play around with any sandwich add-ons like lettuce and tomatoes or pickles and jalapenos!
STORING LEFTOVER SLOW COOKER ITALIAN BEEF
Since these leftovers are so versatile, you’ll want to save them for meals later in the week! Once the shredded beef has cooled, seal leftovers in an airtight container and place them in the fridge for up to 5 days. You can reheat leftovers in the microwave or on the stovetop. They’re just as good the next day as they were the first!
OTHER SLOW COOKER MASTERPIECES
- Slow Cooker Chipotle Ranch Chicken
- Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
- Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Crock Pot Cheesy Cuban Dip
- Pulled Pork Sandwich
- Slow Cooker Queso
*This post was originally posted on 05/09/2016.
- Season the beef roast all over with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, sear the roast for 2-3 minutes on all sides.
- Place the seared roast into the slow cooker. Sprinkle the Italian dressing mix over the roast. Pour in the beef broth, pepperoncini, and pepperoncini brine from the jar.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
- During the last 40 minutes of cooking, take the roast out and transfer it to a cutting board. Allow it to rest for 10 minutes. Then shred the meat using 2 forks.
- Return the shredded meat back to the slow cooker for the remainder of the cooking time.
- Serve the beef and pepperoncini on Italian sandwich buns topped with 3 slices of mozzarella or provolone cheese each.
- Nutritional information is for the shredded beef and pepperoncini only.
- We can easily make 4 sandwiches from this recipe with some shredded beef leftover.