It only takes 4 ingredients & a few minutes of prep to make this juicy and flavorful Slow Cooker Italian Pepperoncini Shredded Beef!
Whether we are hosting friends for game day or having the family over for a little get-together, I usually rely on a few go-to recipes that can feed a small crowd and that keep me out of the kitchen and hanging out with our guests as much as possible. This Slow Cooker Italian Pepperoncini Shredded Beef happens to be one of those best crock pot recipes that’s always crowd-pleaser. It takes less than 15 minutes of prep time in the morning to get this flavorful, slow roasted shredded beef ready and in the slow cooker. Let it slow cook all day while you do more important things like cleaning the house, baking a cake or a batch of cookies, or whipping up a pitcher of sangria. 😉
Real Housemoms TV
My favorite way to serve this Italian shredded beef is topped with provolone or mozzarella cheese on big Italian or sandwich buns. I just set out the buns & cheeses and let our guests make their own sandwiches. That is fuss-free entertaining, folks!
This shredded beef does have a little kick to it, but you can easily tone down the spiciness a bit by reducing the amount of pepperoncini peppers and its juice that you add to the slow cooker. And you can always serve extra pepperoncinis on the side for your guests or family members who prefer a little more heat.
What is your go-to recipe when feeding a small crowd?
- 2-3 lb round beef roast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 packet of dry Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 10-14 jarred pepperoncini peppers plus 1/2 cup of juice from jar
- Italian sandwich buns
- Sliced mozzarella or provolone cheese
- Season the beef roast with salt & pepper. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Once heated, add in the roast. Brown on all sides.
- Place the browned roast in the slow cooker. Sprinkle the Italian salad dressing mix over the roast. Pour in the beef broth, pepperoncinis, and juice from jar. Cook on Low for 6-8 hours.
- During the last 40 minutes of slow cooking, transfer the roast to a cutting board. Allow it to rest for 10 minutes. Then shred the meat using 2 forks. Return the shredded meat back into the slow cooker for the remainder of the cooking time.
- Serve the beef and pepperoncinis on Italian sandwich buns and top with slices of mozzarella or provolone cheese. Enjoy!
If you loved this recipe, you might also like my…
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!