This fantastic Slow Cooker Queso Dip is the perfect appetizer for many events. It is easy and a crowd pleaser and is nice and warm when the days start to get cooler!
Everyone will love this dip and you will love it because it is so simple to create and it slowly cooks away while you can make other dishes. It has just the right touch of heat to go with all that delicious creaminess.
This recipe has everything you would want in a great Chili Con Queso dip, green chilies, jalapeno, tomatoes, cream cheese, Tex Mex cheese, and more. It’s one of my best crock pot recipes and always the first thing to go when friends are over.
A lone chip in a sea of cheese! Don’t worry it was saved right away! My family could not stop eating this dip, yours will love it too! This dip would be great with some veggies too for a little healthier spin!
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium jalapeno seeded, veins left in and finely diced
- Salt to taste
- 1 large tomato seeded and diced
- 4 oz. can green chilies drained
- 3 cups Tex Mex cheese blend grated
- 8 oz. block of light cream cheese sliced in half lengthwise and cubed
- ½ cup 2 % milk plus more as needed
- Tortilla chips for serving
- Saute the onion, jalapeno and garlic with canola oil in a medium skillet over medium heat until the onion is translucent about 4-5 min. Salt to taste. Add the tomatoes and cook for 2-3 min.
- Spray a medium bowl of a slow cooker with cooking spray. Add the vegetables, top wtih the green chilies, Tex Mex cheese, cream cheese and 1/2 cup milk. Stir to combine. Cook on low for 1 hour, stir to combine and continue to cook for 30 min. more or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Add more milk, by the Tbsp. if the dip becomes to thick. Can leave heating on warm for 3 hours, stirring as needed. Serve with torilla chips.