Saucy and cheesy and simply delicious, Crock Pot Pizza Dip is the ULTIMATE party food. Your guests will be scraping the bowl of your crock pot clean!
I have (and always will be) a huge fan of all sorts of dips. Spicy chips and guacamole, tangy sour cream and onion dip, and don’t even get me started on my favorite buffalo chicken dip… ugh they’re all just SO good. One of my all-time favorite dips though has always been a classic Crock Pot Pizza dip. It’s cheesy, saucy, and scrumptious, the perfect appetizer for your next potluck! Ditch the delivery box and grab your crock pot because you’ll be craving this Crock Pot Pizza Dip for months!
Slow Cooker Dips for the Win!
If I could be a spokesperson for Crock Pot, I totally would (anyone have a hook-up with the brand???). I absolutely adore that handy little kitchen appliance. In fact, I actually own quite a few different sizes of crock pots. The giant-sized one for making huge batches of chili, medium-sized for single-family dinners, and of course, the adorable little one to warm up baked beans for backyard barbecues.
One thing I especially love using my crock pot for is when I’m hosting big parties. I love the extra heating space (my oven has the tendency to get super overloaded…). I love the ability to set it and forget it, I just love crock pots. My go-to appetizer for a group gathering is always some kind of crock pot dip.
When I say this crock pot pizza dip is one of the easiest recipes I’ve ever created, I absolutely mean it. Just dump all your ingredients in and let your crock pot work its magic! This pizza dip recipe takes the cake on both simplicity AND delicious flavor. I can guarantee that if you make it for your next party, your guests will be circling around that crockpot waiting to get a taste of your delicious dip!
I absolutely love making this recipe (it REALLY is the best crockpot pizza dip around…) because not only is it wildly popular with the kids, but the adults love it just as much. It’s a true people pleaser that’s made with super simple ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need:
Cheese – in my humble opinion, no dip is complete without tons of cheese. Just like a good pizza, crockpot pepperoni pizza dip needs plenty of gooey, melty cheese too! You’ll need some cream cheese, shredded mozzarella, and of course, grated parmesan.
Sauce – any old type of pizza sauce will do for this recipe. If you’re looking for quick and easy, go ahead and throw a bottle of jarred sauce in the crock pot. If you’ve got some time on your hands, go ahead and mix up a batch of this Best Ever Pizza Sauce! Either way, it’ll be delicious.
Pepperoni – what pizza is complete without some savory pepperoni? None! The same goes for this easy crock pot pizza dip. You’ll need about 1/4 cup of pepperoni.
How to make pizza dip in a crock pot
STEP ONE: Start by putting all of your ingredients into the slow cooker. Yup! All of them. Right into the pot. No particular order. Turn the crockpot to HIGH, pop on the lid, and cook for about 1 hour.
STEP TWO: When the pizza dip is cooked, take off the lid, give the dip a stir with a rubber spatula, and sprinkle on an additional layer of mozzarella cheese. There’s no such thing as too much cheese, right?! Put the lid back on and turn the crock pot down to LOW or WARM if your slow cooker has that setting, and let that cheese layer melt.
STEP THREE: Once the cheese is melted, Throw on a few more pepperoni for good measure (and good looks) and maybe even a little chopped basil. Your crock pot pizza dip is ready to go! Serve it with fresh baguette slices for the yummiest, cheesiest, pizza dip of your life!
Pick your favorite pizza toppings!
You don’t have to be limited to pepperoni for this pizza dip. You can grab your favorite toppings and mix and match to your heart’s content! Here are some of my family’s favorite options.
- Italian Sausage & Bell Pepper – cook the sausage and drain any excess grease, chop the bell peppers, and proceed as directed.
- Hawaiian – add chopped ham or candian bacon to the dip before cooking. When everything gets sitrred together at the end, all some chopped pineapple and top with mozzarella.
- Supreme – add pepperoni, cooked italian sausage, chopped bell pepper, and chopped mushrooms to the dip ebfore cooking. When you stir everything together, add the olives and tpow ith mozzarella.
- BBQ Chicken – Swap to the pizza sauce for BBQ sauce and add shredded chicken and sliced red onions. Top with cilantro instead of of basil.
What to serve with pizza dip
For dipping, we like baguette slices or pizza dough breadsticks. If you prefer crackers, grab something sturdy like Wheat Thins.
Need more delicious dips in your life?
- Ultimate Loaded Garlic Chicken Dip
- Skillet Reuben Sandwich Dip
- Queso Dip
- Warm Chorizo Beer Cheese Dip
- Sriracha Ranch Bacon Chicken Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 8 ounces pizza sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup mini pepperoni or chopped pepperoni
- Fresh basil chopped, for garnish
- Mini pepperoni for garnish
- Put the cream cheese, 1 cup of mozzarella, parmesan, pizza sauce, seasoning, and pepperoni into the slow cooker. Stir everything together.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 or LOW for 2-3 hours. Stir occassioanlly until the cream cheese is melted.
- Top with remaining shredded mozzarella, cover, and cook until melted. Top with more pepperoni and chopped basil.
- Turn slow cooker to LOW or WARM to keep warm until ready to serve.