My husband can’t stop eating these Air Fryer Fried Pickles! They’re so easy to make and have the best crispy crunch!
My family thinks I have a new best friend because I talk about Annie the Air Fryer so much it sounds like another person in our house! From my favorite air fryer donuts to french fries, to this delicious fried pickle recipe, I will try to cook just about anything in that machine!
Fried pickles in the air fryer have a crispy batter on the outside, a juicy pickle on the inside, and just the right amount of that delicious pickle zing to make your mouth pucker. Dip ’em in your favorite sauce and you’ll be hooked on air fryer fried pickles!
Why You’re Gonna Love Air Fryer Fried Pickles
Making fried pickles in the air fryer is easy and quick, just batter and throw them in the basket for a few minutes and you’re done. No pan full of hot grease popping and making a mess or having to discard it after you’re done. You can try this recipe with pickle spears also and add at least 5 minutes to the cooking time after turning them once.
Other Recipes to Serve with Air Fryer Fried Pickles
- I like to make Ultimate Burgers to have for weekend dinners, they cook up juicy and full of flavor and we pile them high with fresh toppings
- You have to dip your fried pickles in a delicous creamy sauce and the best one hands down is Bacon Jalapeno Fry Sauce, you can even spread some on your Ultimate Burger to kick it up a notch
Pickles: Pick up your favorite variety of pickle chips. If you like spicy pickles, you can use those too.
Breading: The breading on these pickle chips is made of bread crumbs, cornstarch, and spices. Seasoning the cornstarch lets you can all those tasty flavors sealed inside and on the pickles.
Eggs: A must-have for any breading process. The eggs act as a binder to hold onto the breading onto the pickles.
How to Make Air Fryer Fried Pickles
STEP ONE: Prepare the dredging station by grabbing three shallow bowls. To bowl one, add the corn starch and seasonings and mix everything together. To bowl two, add the eggs and beat them. To bowl 3, add the bread crumbs.
STEP TWO: Dry the pickle chips as best you can using paper towels.
STEP THREE: Coat the pickle chips by dipping them into the cornstarch, then, the eggs, and then the bread crumbs until they are evenly coated. Set the breaded pickles onto and plate and continue dredging the rest of the pickles.
STEP FOUR: Arrange the pickles in the basket of your air fryer and cook for 6-8 minutes at 390 degrees F until golden brown. Then serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce.
Tips for Success
- Dry the pickle chips as much as possible when blotting. This will help make sure the breading sticks really well.
- Make sure the pickle chips don’t touch in the basket so they get nice and crispy all the way around.
- You can coat the pickle chips in the cornstach by shaking them together in a ziploc bag instead of individually dipping them.
- If you want to prep ahead, pickle chips can be prepared ahead and kept between parchment paper in a single layer in the fridge. Then coat them once more with breadcrumbs before frying. (However, the coating may not be quite as crispy as it would be if you dipped and cooked immediately.)
How long should I reheat air fried pickles?
The best way to reheat them would be to place a layer of parchment paper in the bottom of the basket and air fry them again at 275 degrees F for about 3 minutes.
How long do I air fry frozen fried pickles?
Follow the instructions on the package for baking them in the oven, but start with half the time recommended and check to see if they are heated through and crispy, if not add three more minutes and check again.
Try some of my other favorite air fryer recipes!
- Air Fryer Toasted Ravioli
- Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Chicken Thighs
- Air Fryer Parmesan Zucchini
- Air Fryer Baked Apples
- Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Blueberry Shortcakes
- Set up a dredge station by whisking the eggs in a small bowl. In a medium bowl, whisk together the cornstarch, onion powder, paprika, cayenne, and pepper. Pour the bread crumbs into another medium bowl or onto a small plate.
- Pat the pickle chips as dry as possible using paper towels.
- Coat the pickle chips by dipping them into the seasoned cornstarch, then into the eggs, and finally into the bread crumbs until completely coated. Place onto a plate and repeat with remaining pickles.
- Spray the basket of your air fryer with olive oil (or other neutral oil).
- Arrange the pickle chips in a single layer in the basket, making sure they aren't touching. (Touching parts won't crispy up as nicely.) You may need to work in batches depending on the size of the basket.
- Cook at 390 degrees F for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. (Depending on your air fryer model, you may want to flip the pickle chips over halfway through cooking.)
- Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce.