What better way to celebrate Star Wars than with a JABBA THE PUFF homemade cream puff?!?! We can’t get enough of them!
It’s Star Wars day!!!!!!!!!!!! We are going to the first 3D showing tonight and can’t wait! The boys have been counting down the days to The Force Awakens more than the days to Christmas!!!! We started out wanting to see any trailer we could to see any new footage but then as we got closer we’ve stopped watching them because we want to go in with next to no idea about anything. We know the basics, don’t get me wrong, but JJ Abrams and the rest of the cast and crew have really done a fantastic job keeping a wraps on a lot of the story so we want to go in and have a truly awesome experience! It’s not often in this day and age, with Facebook and all the other social media, that a secret is kept. So, for them to go to such a huge effort to keep this under wraps it’s got to be great, right! Any who…. back to food. In honor of Star Wars week here on Real Housemoms I made some Jabba the Puff homemade cream puffs!
These are a slight variation on our Cream Puff recipe from years ago. This is a really easy recipe to make! I remember eating cream puffs when I was in my teens and 20’s and thinking they must be crazy hard to make but I was wrong! Anyone could do this! I think turning them into Jabba the Hutts is so fun and the kids can get in on the action. Let them form the dough, make the filling and then decorate the faces! We had a blast and clearly by these pictures I’m no artist, but it was fun, and they taste amazing!!! Don’t shy away from making these Jabba the Puff homemade Cream Puffs to celebrate Star Wars this week!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup water
- Green food coloring
- 1 cup flour
- 4 eggs
- 6 oz small boxes instant vanilla pudding 2-3.4 oz each
- 1 1/3 cup cold whole milk
- 8 oz sour cream
- Yellow and black cookie icing
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Melt stick of butter and water to a rolling boil
- add in green food coloring (you may need to use a lot to get the green color you want) I used 16 drops of gel
- Stir in flour and stir vigorously over low heat until mixture leaves the pan (comes off the sides) and is in a ball (about 1 minute)
- Remove from heat and cool for a couple of minutes
- Beat in eggs (one at a time) with a mixer
- Beat mixture until smooth and velveety
- apply cooking spray on hands
- spoon walnut sized amount of dough into your hands
- form dough into a slug shape with the tail swinging around
- place onto ungreased cookie sheet
- Bake 18-20 minutes, til no longer wet
- Allow to cool
- Mix instant vanilla pudding with whole milk until the pudding is dissolved
- Add sour cream until thick
- Put mixture in the refrigerator (at least an hour)
- put a frosting tip into a pastry bag and then fill with filling
- push the tip into the underside of the puffs and gently fill with cream
- use yellow and black cookie icing to make eyes
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!