Crispy on the outside and melty on the inside, Air Fryer Toasted Ravioli is hands-down one of the easiest (and most delicious) appetizers you’ll ever make!
If I haven’t made it obvious yet, let me tell you again – I LOVE MY AIR FRYER! From whipping up a batch air fryer chicken wings to making homemade, healthy, french fries, the air fryer is definitely my favorite kitchen appliance.
It definitely made its way into my heart when I made these deliciously cheesy Air Fryer Toasted Ravioli! When I say they are the perfect pop-able treat, I am not kidding. I’m going to be making this appetizer for EVERY party I host from here on out!
AIR FRYER TOASTED RAVIOLI
Like this recipe? Pin it to your APPETIZER board!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Yes, I am the queen of easy homemade recipes. But I’m also a realist who knows that sometimes we just don’t want to make something from scratch. I’m here to tell you, USE that boxed cake mix, BAKE those frozen chicken fingers.
There is absolutely zero shame in using pre-made foods. In fact, sometimes I even celebrate it. Especially when I can elevate those pre-made foods into something special.
One of those celebration times came about when I realized that you can make toasted ravioli air fryer style. Yes…. those yummy little store-bought cheesy ravioli, BREADED, and plopped right into my air fryer. They crisp up to absolute perfection and are the bite-sized appetizer of your dreams.
I love serving ravioli and red sauce as an easy weeknight dinner that is guaranteed to appeal to my kids, but did you know that fried ravioli is a great appetizer to serve to guests too?? Served with your favorite marinara sauce, air fryer ravioli will fly off the platter even faster than you can fry them up!
Ravioli – you can be super fancy and make yourself some homemade ravioli. OR you can grab a package of those equally delicious (and so much less time-consuming) refrigerated ravioli from your local grocery store.
If you’ve already got a package of frozen ravioli, don’t fret. You can totally make frozen toasted ravioli air fryer style too. You’ll just have to increase your cooking time.
Breading – you want your air fryer toasted ravioli to have that delicious crunch to them? You’ll need some breading! For your coating, you’ll want some beaten egg, Italian seasoned bread crumbs, and parmesan cheese.
How to Make Toasted Ravioli in an Air Fryer
Do you have 20 minutes to spare before your guests walk in the door? You’ve got enough time to make arguably the best appetizer you’ll ever make. Air fryer toasted ravioli seriously only takes about 20 minutes including prep AND air frying! What are you waiting for?!
- Start by preheating your air fryer to 375 degrees F.
- While the air fryer is heating up, get your breading station all set. Grab 2 two shallow bowls – 1 for the egg and 1 for the breadcrumbs.
- In the breadcrumb bowl, add in your breadcrumbs and all the seasonings. Give it a quick stir to combine it all – every ravioli deserves equal seasoning!
- Now it’s time to coat your ravioli! Starting with the egg, dip the ravioli in and coat with egg and then transfer to the breadcrumb mixture and toss to coat. Place in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
Pro Tip: It’s super important that you don’t put ravioli on top of one another. If they’re too crowded, they won’t crisp up well. If they don’t all fit in the basket, fry them in batches!
- Once your ravioli are breaded and placed in the air fryer basket, spray them well with olive oil spray. Pop the basket into the air fryer and cook them for 3-4 minutes on each side. Watch closely because they’ll cook fast!
- Serve hot topped with parsley, grated parmesan cheese for garnish, and with your favorite marinara sauce to dip into!
You really do want to keep a close eye on your ravioli as they’re cooking – toasted ravioli air fryer time is really dependent on if you’re using refrigerated ravioli or if you’re making frozen toasted ravioli air fryer style. If your ravioli are frozen, I recommend lowering your air fryer temperature to 350F and cooking for a bit longer (about 7-8 minutes per side). This will allow the inside to melt without the outside getting burnt.
Need more easy appetizer ideas? Check out some of these other Real Housemoms favorites!
- Crack Chicken Sliders
- Air Fryer Cheeseburger Egg Rolls
- Ham and Cheese Mini Calzones
- Crispy Air Fryer Blooming Onion
- Easy Peasy Pizza Dough Breadsticks
- more APPETIZER recipes…
Tools used to make Air Fryer Toasted Ravioli
Air Fryer: I’ve tried a few different brands of air fryers and this one is my absolute favorite!
Food Prep Bowls: I love this set for a dredging station – whether I’m making chicken parmesan or air fryer toasted ravioli, these bowls are the perfect size for egg wash and breadcrumbs!
- Preheat air fryer to 375 degrees F.
- Grab two shallow bowls to make a dredge station. In the first bowl, add the bread crumbs, parmesan, parsley, onion powder, and salt. Stir to combine. To the second bowl, add the egg and beat it.
- Dip one ravioli in the egg until coated. Then place it in the breadcrumb bowl and flip to coat. Place the ravioli in the air fryer basket. Repeat until there is a single layer of ravioli. (You'll need to work in batches.)
- Spray the ravioli well with olive oil spray. Then place the basket into the air fryer. Cook for 3 minutes on each side. Watch closely because they cook fast!
- Remove the basket from the air fryer and repeat with any remaining ravoili.
- Serve warm with some marinara sauce for dipping. I like to sprinkle a little extra parsley and parmesan cheese on top for garnish.