Crispy, cheesy, and packed with delicious flavor, Air Fryer Parmesan Zucchini is the guilt-free side dish or snack you’ve been looking for!
It’s no secret that my air fryer is one of my new favorite things. From whipping up batches of air fryer wings to frying some homemade french fries, this little appliance is a dream come true.
But, my newest obsession is making parmesan zucchini in the air fryer. It’s crispy, cheesy, delicious and it really couldn’t be any easier. I never thought I’d say it, but even my KIDS are begging me to make this yummy veggie dish – air fryer parmesan zucchini chips for the win!
AIR FRYER PARMESAN ZUCCHINI
Like this recipe? Pin it to your SIDE DISH board!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Zucchini has always been one of my absolute favorite veggies. It’s got such a light, simple flavor and it pairs perfectly with my favorite food – CHEESE! For years I’ve been grilling zucchini all throughout the summer, but with my newfound love for my air fryer, I decided to give my favorite vegetable a try in my favorite kitchen appliance!
Believe me when I say, air fryer zucchini parmesan chips are Heavenly. They’re the perfect side dish to serve with almost any meal you cook, but especially with a great backyard barbecue! They’re crispy, cheesy, and really addicting. Yes, seriously, a vegetable can be addicting!
Not only do I fry up a batch of air fryer parmesan zucchini chips as a side dish for dinner, but I’ve also been known to whip up a batch as an afternoon snack!. When dipped in my favorite homemade honey sriracha sauce, air fryer zucchini parmesan is the perfect treat for munching. Plus, I don’t have to feel guilty about it – zucchini is packed with nutrients and antioxidants!
Parmesan Zucchini Ingredients
Zucchini – you’re going to want to cut 2 to 3 medium zucchini into thin rounds. The thinner you cut, the more crispy and “chip-like” they’ll be. The most important thing is that you make sure you’re cutting your zucchini slices uniformly. You want them to fry evenly!
Panko Bread Crumbs – while you can absolutely use regular bread crumbs, I’ve found that for the BEST air fryer zucchini chips, you’ll want to use panko bread crumbs. They give a little extra crunch that is simply perfect!
Seasoning – for your delectable zucchini seasoning, you’ll need grated parmesan cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and olive oil.
How to make Air Fryer Parmesan Zucchini
The thing I love most about using an air fryer (aside from how quick it is), is how much you can cut back on the grease! Typically any food that is “fried” is drenched in oil. For parmesan zucchini in an air fryer though, you only need 1 teaspoon of olive oil and that’s only to get your seasoning to stick.
While air fryer parmesan zucchini chips are delicious all on their own, I love serving them up with my favorite honey sriracha sauce. This sauce is super quick and easy to make – you won’t regret it!
- Start by preheating your air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Now, grab your zucchini rounds and toss them in olive oil. This is what’s going to allow your delicious seasoning to stick to the zucchini.
- Next, get working on your parmesan zucchini seasoning. Mix together the panko, parmesan cheese, and spices and set this mixture aside for a minute.
- Place your zucchini slices in an even layer in the air fryer tray. It’s super important that they’re not overlapping. Otherwise, the air won’t be able to properly circulate and your zucchini chips won’t achieve that perfect crispy texture.
*You may need to work in batches depending on the size of your air fryer basket.
- Next, top the slices with the panko parmesan mixture. Don’t use all the mixture though, you’ll need some for the other sides of the zucchini! Place your crisper tray in the preheated air fryer for 6 minutes.
- After 6 minutes, flip the zucchini over and top the second side with the parmesan topping. Place the tray back into the air fryer for 6 more minutes.
- After they’re air fried to perfection, serve your air fryer zucchini parmesan sprinkled with chopped parsley and your favorite sauce for dipping!
Do you always use the crisper tray in an air fryer?
I fully recommend using the crisper tray in your air fryer every time you cook. Yes, it takes up a bit of space, but believe me, the end result is much better. The crisper tray allows for adequate airflow around your food. The amount of airflow in an air fryer is especially important because that is what gets your food to that crispy texture you’re looking for!
When deep frying foods, boiling oil is what gets your food crispy. In an air fryer, you use way less oil (in fact you only need a light spray of oil for delicious air fryer parmesan zucchini), so it’s actually the air that gets your food to the right texture.
So, even if you need to cook your food in a few batches to fit it all, keep that crisper tray in place to get the optimum crispiness for your air fryer zucchini parmesan chips!
Looking for some more tasty vegetable side dishes?
- Low-Carb Cauliflower Breadsticks
- Citrus Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Roasted Sweet Potato Salad
- Spicy Ranch Cauliflower
- Roasted Asparagus
- more SIDE DISH recipes…
Tools used to make Air Fryer Parmesan Zucchini
Air Fryer: I’ve tried out a few different brands of air fryers and this one is definitely my favorite!
Mixing Bowls: this set of mixing bowls is perfect for all your cooking needs!
- 3 zucchini sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup seasoned Panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Fresh parsley finely chopped, for garnish
- Honey Sriracha Sauce for serving
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Place the zucchini slices in a mixing bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Toss to coat.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, Parmesan, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt.
- Place some over the zucchini slices in an even layer in the basket of your air fryer. There should be no overlapping. (I usually cook them in 2 batches.)
- Top the zucchini with some of the bread crumb mixture until there is a nice crust on top.
- Cook for 6 minutes. Flip the zucchini over and top with more of the bread crumb mixture. Cook for another 6 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the air fryer basket and serve warm sprinkled with chopped parsley and dipping sauce.
Leave a Reply