These Molasses Sugar Cookies are the perfect flavor for Christmas. They have the taste of a gingerbread and the softness of a sugar cookie!
These holiday Molasses Sugar Cookies are my all time favorite! They scream Christmas to me. They have the flavors of a ginger snap but they’re slightly chewy and soft! like my favorite sugar cookie! I made my first batch of the season yesterday and they were gone by dinner! This Molasses Sugar Cookies recipe is a holiday tradition at my house and I know it will be at your’s too!
MOLASSES SUGAR COOKIES
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DESSERT pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
MY LATEST VIDEOS
I like to eat fresh cookies and a large variety of different cookies. My game plan every year is to find cookie doughs that can be refrigerated for a couple of days and then scooped out to bake when I’m ready. That way on the weekends, or when I have free time, I can mix up a batch and then store the cookie dough until I’m ready to bake. Because at my house, let’s face it, whether there are 4 cookies or 4 dozen cookies on my counter they’ll be eaten in a day! Having the dough prepped and ready stops me, I mean the elves, from eating too many cookies in a day since I can just make a few at a time and replace the dough in the fridge.
Want more sugar cookie recipes?
- Slice and Bake Sugar Cookies
- Lemon Sugar Cookies
- Coconut Margarita Sugar Cookies
- Lime Sugar Cookies
- Peppermint Sugar Cookies
- Pumpkin Spice Sugar Cookies
- More dessert recipes…
Tools used to make this Molasses Sugar Cookies recipe
Stand Mixer: I don’t know what I’d do without my stand mixer. I use it for just about everything…and I mean everything! Cakes, cookies, mashed potatoes, and shredding chicken!
Silicone Mat: I use a silicone mat on my baking sheet practically everytime I bake. The mat makes for easy cleanup and my foods don’t stick to the pan.
Baking Sheet: A nice big baking sheet is a must have for any kitchen. This half pan sheet is large than a regular cookie and works great for anything you’re baking.
- 1 1/2 c shortening I've substituted butter but you don't get the softness
- 2 c sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c molasses
- 4 c all-purpose flour
- 4 t baking soda
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1 t ginger
- 1 t ground cloves
- extra sugar in a bowl
- cream shortening and sugar together until light and fluffy
- add egg one at a time until incorporated
- add molasses
- in a med bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves
- add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients 1/4 at a time
- put into an airtight container and refrigerate for at least 1 hour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- pour sugar into a shallow bowl
- roll 1 inch sized balls of dough then roll in sugar to coat completely
- place on baking sheet 2 inches apart
- bake for 10 min
- remove and cool on a wire rack
- cookies will crinkle and crack as they cool
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!