It’s so hard to stop eating these Lime Sugar Cookies! The lime flavor is so refreshing with the sweetness of the sugar cookie, you’ll have a hard time stopping after just one!
In the summer I love lime! It may be why I love margaritas so much. The citrus flavor just screams summer to me. I was craving cookies the other but I also wanted something light and summery. I’m a HUGE chocolate
addict fan, but I just wanted something sweet and refreshing.
These Lime Sugar Cookies really hit the spot!! My youngest wasn’t too sure. He’d had lemon cookies before and they were too much for him, but he couldn’t resist the temptation of trying a cookie. What kid could? So I gave him a small one, he tasted it, thought about it and then his eyes grew HUGE! Then every time I saw him that day he would ask for another. Then he started calling them my most amazing cookies! That’s a pretty good compliment. This kid isn’t shy about telling me when he doesn’t like something, or when it’s just OK, so for him to call these my most amazing cookies ever I knew I had a hit!
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 2 tsp lime zest
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 cups flour
- preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- in a medium bowl whisk together baking soda, baking powder, salt and flour
- in a large bowl cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- add egg, vanilla, lime juice and lime zest
- add the flour mixture, a cup at a time, and stop once combined
- roll 2 tbsp into a ball and place onto the baking sheet, keeping them 2 inches apart
- bake for 13-15 minutes or until just barely browned on the bottom
- allow to cool (if you can)
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!