Lemon Poppy Seed Sugar Cookie Bars are a delicious twist on your classic soft and chewy sugar cookie that are super easy to make!
My family loves sugar cookies. In fact, they are my hubby’s favorite kind of cookie. I love trying to make twists on sugar cookies, like Lime Sugar Cookies, Orange Creamsicle Sugar Cookies and my favorite just standard Amazing Sugar Cookies where my secret ingredient is almond extract. Now I’ve added these Lemon Poppy Seed Sugar Cookie Bars to the list and boy are they good!
LEMON POPPY SEED SUGAR COOKIE BARS
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DESSERT pin board!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Recently I made these delicious Lemon Sugar Cookies and they are just the perfect summer treat. My son, Madden loves the lemon poppy seed combination – muffins and cakes and of course I had to make Lemon Poppy Seed Sugar Cookies. After making a few batches of these, I figured why not just make these into bars. That’s when I made these Lemon Poppy Seed Sugar Cookie Bars and they will be just perfect to serve at our summer get togethers and barbecues.
I made these without frosting because one they are just stunning to look at and the lemon stands alone just fine. These Lemon Poppy Seed Sugar Cookie Bars are so soft and chewy. My daughter, Jersey after the first bite said that these were her favorite because of how soft they are and I agree.
I am so excited to have made these Lemon Poppy Seed Sugar Cookie Bars just in time for summer. I will be taking these poolside, to barbecues and just for an afternoon sweet treat.
Want more lemon dessert recipes?
- Lemon Meringue Pie
- Glazed Lemon Butter Cookies
- Lemon Bars
- Double Glazed Lemon Pound Cake
- Lemon-Lime Layer Cake
- More dessert recipes…
Tools used to make this Lemon Poppy Seed Sugar Cookie Bars recipe
12-inch x 17-inch Baking Sheet: A nice big baking sheet is something every homecook should have on hand. They’re awesome for everything from one pan dinners to baking lots or cookies!
Mixing Bowl: These mixing bowls get used just about every day at my house. The grip handle makes them easy to hold and the pour spout makes them perfect for batters!
Stand Mixer: I don’t’ know what I’d do without my stand mixer. I use it for just about everything…and I mean everything!
Sifter: This sifter makes it easy to blend together ingredients and remove lumps. I love that there is a lid, so I can throw everything in the sifter and set it aside until I’m ready to use it.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 12x17 cooking pan with cooking oil and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Beat in eggs, lemon zest, poppy seeds, lemon juice, vanilla and almond extract. Beat till well blended. In a medium bowl sift together flour, salt, and baking powder in a small bowl. Stir in the flour mixture to the sugar mixture.
- Press sugar cookie dough into the prepared cooking pan. Place in preheated oven and bake for 18-20 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to completely cool. Cut into 24 squares.