Lemon lovers! These GLAZED LEMON BUTTER COOKIES deliver the perfect citrusy-sweet punch. They’re a great cookie choice all year long!
I have to admit that I’m kinda excited that we’re finally into the spring season now – it is my favorite time of the year! I love watching everything come back to life after winter. If there is any food or flavor that reminds me of spring, sunny days and warmer weather – it’s lemon anything! I particularly love it when it’s in sweets – like cakes, pies – or these yummy and irresistible Glazed Lemon Butter Cookies!
MY LATEST VIDEOS
I’ll be the first to admit that I really don’t’ like making cookies … I hate feeling like I have to babysit food! Please, tell me that I’m not alone! 😉 However, when I know the outcome is as awesome as these cookies are, I will make the exception and happily bake up a batch … or two!! These Glazed Lemon Butter Cookies are cut-out cookies (as opposed to drop cookies) and if you’re familiar with Lofthouse-style cookies, these are soooooo similar in texture with a great lemon flavor! Instead of using fancy cookie cutter shapes – I just used my handy dandy biscuit cutter to make circles! Feel free to use whatever shape you like! Although I could have topped these little gems with a lemon frosting, I think the glaze is more appropriate for this cookie! It adds the perfect amount of citrusy-sweetness without being overwhelming to the cookie.
Although I really dig these Glazed Lemon Butter Cookies during the spring and summer months, they are just as fantastic all year long! They will be a welcome treat in your cookie jar, for potlucks or any occasion you need a simple, crowd-pleasing treat! If you’re anything like me, you’ll find yourself coming back to this delicious recipe time and time again!
For the cookies:
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tsp. lemon extract
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
For the glaze:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, milk and lemon extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and chill for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut with a 2-inch cookie cutter dipped in flour. Place 2-inches apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the edges just begin to brown. Allow cookies to cool for 3 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Dip each cookie top into the glaze. Return to the wire rack, glaze side up. Let cookies set until icing has set.
If you enjoyed these Glazed Lemon Butter Cookies, be sure to check out my Lemon Lover’s Bundt Cake and Frozen Lemonade Pie! Both recipes are always a hit when we serve them to guests!
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!