Pineapple Coconut Lime Shrimp Skewers are loaded with succulent and juicy shrimp, coated in a pineapple coconut lime marinade, and grilled to perfection. These tasty skewers will take your taste buds to the islands!
Shrimp is one of my favorite things to cook. It is quick and easy, and oh so tasty. I grew up in a family obsessed with shrimp, and we would have shrimp cooked in butter and honey on the regular. So I love my shrimp sweet. Recently I started playing around with some shrimp marinade options, and this Pineapple Coconut Lime Shrimp Skewers recipe was a surprising hit! We absolutely loved the island feel of the marinade with the coconut, pineapple, and lime. Combining those flavors is just so special, and makes for an excellent marinade.
PINEAPPLE COCONUT LIME SHRIMP SKEWERS
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DINNER pin board!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
I actually cooked these on an indoor grill because it was raining and I couldn’t wait to try them. So no grill lines this time, but we have made them several times since because the flavors were so awesome, and I love them even more with a little bit of the added flavor you get from grilling over flames!
One of my favorite summer cooking hacks is to pre-marinade stuff and freeze it so that I can just pull it out of the freezer in the morning, let it defrost all day, and grill it up at night. I tried it with these shrimp, and it was perfect. So if you don’t want to wait the 2-4 hours marinade time, or don’t have time to prep day of, make these in advance and freeze the shrimp right in the marinade. Then defrost, skewer, and grill! These shrimp are amazing served with a summer fruit salad, a creamy cucumber salad, or you can go traditional and make Hush Puppies!
Want more shrimp & skewer recipes?
- Bacon Wrapped Shrimp & Pineapple Kabobs
- Basil Lime Shrimp Skewers
- Honey Mustard Chicken Kabobs
- Grilled Chicken Fajita Skewers
- Souvlaki Salmon Skewers with Yogurt Feta Sauce
- Shrimp Boil
- More dinner recipes…
Don’t forget the Cocktail Sauce!!
Tools used to make this Pineapple Coconut Lime Shrimp Skewers recipe
Mixing Bowl: These mixing bowls are perfect for mixing and serving. I love the varied sizes so I always have to right size bowl for all my mixing needs.
Zip Top Bag: My kitchen drawer is always stocked with zipper top plastic bags. They’re great for storage, but I find myself using them for everything from deviled eggs to frosting too!
Skewers: No soaking required! These metal skewers are my favorite to use for everything from dinner to s’mores!
- 1 lb shrimp peeled, deveined, and tails removed
- 2 limes zested and juiced
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 Tbs soy sauce
- 1 Tbs brown sugar
- 1 Tbs minced garlic
- 1 TBS olive oil for brushing the grill so shrimp don't stick
- Cilantro for garnish
- Peel and devein shrimp, and place in 1-gallon re-sealable plastic bag and set aside.
- In a large glass bowl, whisk all marinade ingredients to combine.
- Pour marinade over shrimp and seal in the bag.
- Marinate at least 2 hours and up to 4 hours, and give it a little squish or turn to make sure the shrimp are evenly marinated. Keep in the fridge during marination.
- Soak bamboo skewers in water while shrimp marinades. Or use metal skewers.
- Brush grill lightly with vegetable oil, and preheat to 400 degrees or a medium/high heat.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers, piercing each shrimp near the head and tail.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes per side until shrimp turn pink
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and enjoy