BASIL LIME SHRIMP SKEWERS are the perfect easy appetizer for the holidays!
The holiday season goes hand in hand with APPETIZER SEASON! There is always an occasion to make something quick and delicious for friends and family, whether it’s for Christmas, New Years, or all the football we will all be watching! These Basil Shrimp Skewers are incredibly easy and delicious, coming together in just minutes.
My husband is addicted to these little shrimp. We make them to eat on their own, and also love to make a quick pasta for dinner. So this is a great appetizer or main course option with a few tweaks. The best part is you can prep the skewers ahead of time and keep them in the fridge until you’re ready to grill. I love any dish where I can get the prep work out of the way and have more time to hang out with everyone. Enjoy (and HAPPY HOLIDAYS)!
- 40 small shrimp peeled and deveined
- 8 wooden skewers soaked in water for at least 15 minutes
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- Juice from 1/2 a lime
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Place the basil, lime juice, garlic, pine nuts, olive oil, and parmesan cheese in a strong blender or food processor. Pulse until full combined. Set aside.
- Place 5 shrimp on each skewer.
- Brush each side of the shrimp on each skewer with the pesto.
- Grill each side for approximately 4 minutes, brushing with more pesto as you flip. If the shrimp aren't fully cooked (they will get smaller and become pink/white), cook for an additional 2 minutes on each side.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!