This PEPPERMINT SUGAR COOKIES recipe has got to be on your holiday baking list this year! Your Christmas cookie plate isn’t complete without them!
You guys it’s that time of year again!!! It’s the 4th annual Christmas Cookie Recipe Swap! I love this time of year. It’s really fun. A bunch of your favorite bloggers all got together and we swapped a recipe with a blogging friend to try. Last year I made Chocolate Mountains and the year before I made Chocolate Snowballs! Both recipes are amazing and I had never made them before so it was fun! This year I teamed up with Lauren from the blog From Gate to Plate. She sent me the most delicious and beautiful Peppermint Sugar Cookies! They look like little sweet winter wonderland cookies and everyone in my family LOVED them! I may have had too many and had to have them hid from me. 🙂
The 2015 Christmas Cookie Recipe Swap is hosted by our very own Julie from Bread Booze Bacon and the manager of this crazy, mad house we call Real Housemoms. She is one crazy talented, patient and organized woman to be able to wrangle me and keep me on task. 🙂 Be sure to hop over to Bread Booze Bacon to check out the other cookies that were shared.
Real Housemoms TV
The tools I used to make these cookies:
Peppermint Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 ounces butter softened
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Crushed peppermint decorating tops of cookies
- In a stand mixer with a paddle, cream together butter, shortening and sugar until fluffy.
- Add egg, white, vanilla and peppermint, mixing until combined.
- Sift in dry ingredients.
- Transfer dough to an airtight container and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Once ready to bake, preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Scoop 1 tbsp of dough and create a ball.
- On a lightly floured surface, flatten into a ½” thick disc.
- Move to lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 9-12 minutes, cool 2-ish minutes before removing to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Frost completely cooled cookies.
- In a bowl, cream together cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add extract. Slowing mix in powdered sugar. If too thick add milk.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!