It’s time to start holiday baking for our Christmas cookies plates! I’m getting lots of inspiration from these 50 Must Make Christmas Cookies!
It just isn’t the holiday season until we start baking cookies. We love everything from shortbread to slice and bake sugar cookies and chocolate peppermint to cherry in our house. If it’s a cookie, it belongs in someone’s belly.
This year we’ve put together some of our all-time favorite classic Christmas cookies recipes and a few that we’re currently drooling over. There’s something for everyone. So grab the family and get to baking these 50 Must Make Christmas Cookies!
50 MUST MAKE CHRISTMAS COOKIES
Love it? Pin it to your CHRISTMAS board to SAVE it!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest for more great recipes!
- Almond Joy Chocolate Cookies – Chocolate, coconut, and almonds are always a delicious combination!
- Chocolate Dipped Shortbread Cookies – My kids LOVE adding their favorite sprinkles to these cookies!
- Blackberry Linzer Cookies – So pretty and super tasty! A Christmas-time classic!
- Chocolate Cherry Chip Cookies – My husband asks for these every year!
- Dulce de Leche Nilla Bites – Creamy, decadent, and perfect for your cookie plate!
- Apple Butter Rugelach – These swirled cookie bites are heaven in your mouth!
- Italian Anise Cookies – Simple cookies done right. Add some Christmas sprinkles on top and you’re set!
- Chocolate Frosted Christmas Cookies – Chocolate lovers will swoon for these cookies!
- Cake Mix Cookie Bar Sandwiches – Crazy easy to make and so fun with all the colors!
- Chocolate Mountains – There’s a surprise hiding inside these mountains you’ll love!
- Chocolate Snowballs – Chocolate chips and nuts in a delicate vanilla cookie? Sign me up!
- Dulce de Leche Sandwiches Cookies – These cookies look fancy, but are surprisingly easy to make!
- Peppermint Pattie Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies – A burst of fresh mint flavor in every bite!
- Oreo Peppermint Crunch Cookies – Crunchy and fun, these cookies are a family favorite!
- Key Lime Cooler Cookies – I love a little citrus on our cookie plates to mix things up!
- Italian Christmas Bars – Every time I see these cookies I think about the holidays!
- Peppermint Patty Stuffed Chocolate Crinkle Cookies – You may never go back to regular crinkle cookies again!
- Peppermint Sugar Cookies – A taste of the winter season in every bite!
- Butter Thumbprint Cookies – This classic cookie can be filled with any flavor of jam you love!
- German Chocolate Cake Cookies – Like a slice of my favorite cake in cookie form!
- Sugar Cookies – Everyone love cut out sugar cookies around the holidays! This recipe is foolproof!
- Salted Caramel & Pecan Thumbprint Cookies – A little nutty and totally indulgent. The perfect holiday bite!
- Chocolate-Dipped Salted Cashew Cookies – Cashews are one of my favorite nuts, add some chocolate and I’m in cookie heaven!
- White Chocolate Cherry Shortbread Cookies – The red and white color of these cookies is spot on for Christmas!
- Christmas Cookie Tree – This tower of cookies is a great table centerpiece!
- Fudgy Mint Chocolate No-Bake Cookies – Chocolate and mint are so good together! Love that these are no bake!
- Christmas Funfetti Cookies – My family enjoys these cookies all year long! I just change up the sprinkles!
- No-Bake Christmas Tree Cookies – So cute and easy! My kids LOVE helping with these cookies!
- Gingerbread Cookies – A holiday classic everyone loves! Serve ’em plain or decorated!
- Dark Chocolate Peppermint Patty Thumbprints – Take your chocolate game to the next level with these cookies!
- Orange Pistachio Cookies – This cookie isn’t just for Christmas! These classic flavors are tasty all year long!
- Chocolate Amaretto Shortbread Cookies – A step up from the basic black and white cookie you know!
- Butterbeer Pudding Cookies – My family are all Harry Potter nerds and they adore these cookies!
- Toffee Crunch Cookies – That rich toffee flavor makes these cookies a win at our house!
- Soft & Chewy Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies – Tart cranberries and creamy white chocolate are what it’s all about this time of year!
- Classic Sugar Cookies – This sugar cookie recipe is easy to make and gift to friends and family!
- Red Velvet Candy Cane Kiss Cookies – Skip the peanut butter and make these colorful kiss cookies instead!
- Snockerdoodles – Boozy chocolate crinkle cookies are an extra special treat for the adults!
- Vanilla Chai Shortbread Cookies – Perfect with your cup of tea, these cookies are melt in your mouth good!
- Chocolate Peppermint Cookie Sticks – Chocolate and mint for the win!
- White Chocolate Gingersnaps – I love using melted chocolate for easy cookie decorations!
- Cranberry Orange Shortbreads – Mix, chill, slice, and bake. These cookies are really that easy!
- Peppermint Bark Cookies – My friends always ask for the recipe when I share these cookies with them.
- Chocolate Nut Bars – Make them in chocolate or vanilla and give ’em a dip!
- Melt-in-Your-Mouth Eggnog Cookies – It’s just not Christmas with eggnog something!
- Swedish Christmas Cookies – I love the subtle citrus and spice flavor in these slice-and-bake cookies!
- Peppermint Biscotti – An Italian favorite made over for the holidays!
- Spiced Linzer Cookies – A food twist on a Christmas classic you’re going to love!
- Pfeffernusse – These spiced crinkle cookies are the recipe you never knew you were missing!
- Turtle Snickerdoodles – Add a little chocolate, caramel, and nuts to snickerdoodles for dessert bliss!
OUR FAVORITE KITCHEN TOOLS TO MAKE THESE CHRISTMAS COOKIE RECIPES
- Mixing Bowls
- Baking Sheet
- Rolling Pin
- Rolling Pin Spacers
- Cookie Cutters
- Non-Stick Work Surface Mat
- Silicone Mat
If you enjoyed these recipes you may also enjoy our collection of