White Chocolate Cherry Pudding Cookies are incredibly soft and tender! With just one taste of these decadent and flavorful cookies, you’ll be hooked!
White Chocolate Cherry Pudding Cookies are easy to make and so scrumptious. Filled with creamy white chocolate chips and sweet, chewy dried cherries, it’s hard to stop at just one! They get their smooth, chewy texture from white chocolate pudding mix stirred right into the batter. If you like cherries in your desserts, you’ll adore this no bake cherry cheesecake!
WHITE CHOCOLATE CHERRY PUDDING COOKIES
Like this recipe? Pin it to your COURSE pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
I love pudding cookies! The pudding makes the cookies bake up so soft and so moist. For this particular cookie, I used white chocolate pudding (vanilla would also work just fine). I added festive dried cherries and sweet white chocolate chips for the most scrumptious mix of flavors!
The dough is also easy to make and the cookies only take 10 minutes to bake! I like to use a cookie scoop to make them all the same size. They’re so chewy and delicious, it’s hard to stop at just one!
Ingredients for White Chocolate Cherry Pudding Cookies
- Salted butter
- White sugar
- Brown sugar
- A box of white chocolate instant pudding mix
- Baking Soda
- White chocolate chips
- Dried cherries
Because this recipe calls for salted butter, you won’t want to add any additional salt to the recipe, or your cherry cookies may end up with an unpleasantly salty taste. However, if you only have unsalted butter on hand, you can add 1/2 teaspoon of salt to the dough.
You should be able to find a box of white chocolate pudding in the baking aisle of your local grocery store. Both Jello, Godiva, and Hershey brands all make white chocolate pudding, but you can’t find it vanilla pudding will work as a substitute.
How to Make White Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Then beat together room temperature butter, sugar, and pudding in a large bowl using a stand mixer or handheld electric mixer. Add in eggs and vanilla, and beat until the mixture is smooth.
- Next, mix together the flour and baking soda in a separate bowl. Then add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until the mixture starts to form a dough. Then turn off your mixer and gently stir in the white chocolate chips and dried cherries.
- Drop the dough by spoonfuls onto your prepared baking sheets, then bake for 10-12 minutes until the cookies are just starting to brown and the edges are set.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for a couple of minutes, then use a spatula to remove them to a rack to cool completely. Lastly, serve and enjoy your white chocolate chip cookies!
If you want to add more flavor and texture to your white chocolate cherry cookies, you can add chopped nuts. Pecans, walnuts, or macadamia nuts would be ideal. You could also add 1/4 teaspoon of almond extract for even more depth of flavor.
What does pudding do in cookies?
The pudding mix in these cherry cookies is the magic ingredient! It adds creaminess and makes them stay soft and chewy. I chose white chocolate flavored pudding to complement the white chocolate chips and add contrast to the taste of the tart and sweet cherries.
You could also use classic vanilla, french vanilla, or cheesecake flavored pudding mix with yummy results!
What can I substitute for white chocolate chips?
If you can’t find white chocolate chips, there are several different substitutions you can make. Chopped white chocolate baking squares and vanilla baking chips can be swapped in easily to keep the same flavor profile in these cookies.
You could also use chocolate chips in any flavor you like. Keep in mind that this will change the flavor and overall look of the cookies, but they’ll still taste amazing!
Other easy cookie recipes to make!
- Butterfinger Pudding Cookies
- Chewy Monster Cookies
- White Chocolate M&M Cookies
- Double Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies
- Cherry Almond Breakfast Cookies
- More DESSERTS recipes…
Tools used to make this White Chocolate Cherry Pudding Cookies recipe
Stand Mixer: This is the mixer that I use for all of my baking recipes. It comes with several different attachments so that you can whisk, mix, and knead batters, doughs and more with minimal effort.
Baking Sheets: These baking sheets are perfect for baking cookies, roasting veggies, making sheet pan dinners, and so much more. I always have at least two in my kitchen because they’re so versatile!
*This post originally posted on 12/04/2014.
- 1 cup salted butter softened
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3.56 ounces white chocolate instant pudding (1 box)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ¼ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 ounces white chocolate chips
- 5 ounces dried cherries (1 package)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, sugars, and pudding mix until creamy. Beat in eggs and vanilla until smooth.
- Mix together flour and baking soda in a separate bowl. Then add to wet ingredients and mix until incorporated. Stir in white chocolate chips and cherries using a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Drop cookies by tablespoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden and cookies are set.
- Let cookies cool on baking sheets for a couple of minutes before removing to a cooling rack to cool completely.