WHITE CHOCOLATE M&M COOKIES are the super simple and delicious recipe my oldest monkey helped me create this Christmas season! It is the perfect Christmas dessert.
I love to get into the kitchen with my little guys. This year, instead of telling them what we were making, I let them come up with a recipe to bake. My oldest is 10 and LOVES chocolate. We still laugh every time we think of the first time he had a piece of chocolate. It was Halloween and we let him have a Hershey bar. The second he put it in his mouth he closed his eyes and made a very satisfied “mmmmmm” sound. I think we was 1 at the time and from that point on he only wanted some form of chocolate for dessert, so it was no surprise that he wanted to make White Chocolate M&M Cookies. He is also the one to come up with Hoth Chocolate, White Hot Chocolate, when I asked him for help brainstorming a Star Wars themed recipe.
We started calling these cookies White Christmas Cookies. We’re heading south for Christmas this year to spend it with our families, so we won’t be having a white Christmas. It’s the first Christmas with my newest little nephew and we’re all together, so we’re getting a great Christmas regardless of snow. My grandfather and Oma, Mom and Dad, two brothers and their wives, my two nephews AND my family with my two monkeys all together! We’re going to have a family picture taken to commemorate this Christmas with us all together. It’s so fun to watch my kids play with their cousins. These cookies are very kid friendly to make, so it’s a great one to make with all the little monkeys!
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup red and green M & M's
- preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- in a medium mixing bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt
- in the bowl of a stand mixer cream together the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy
- scrape the sides of the bowl down and then add in the eggs one at a time
- once the eggs are fully incorporated, pour in the vanilla extract
- remove the bowl from the mixer and stir in the white chocolate chips and the M & M's
- line a baking sheet with a silpat if you have it, if not parchment paper
- using a cookie scoop place 1 tbsp balls of cookie dough on the baking sheet 2 inches apart
- bake in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes until cookies are golden brown
- remove and allow to cool on a rack
I made these and they are amazing. Just a few things I would like to mention:
1. The recipe left out combining the bowl of sugar and the bowl of flour. I added the flour a few spoonfuls at a time to the sugar.
2. I found that baking for about 12 minutes, removing from the oven and letting them sit for 4 or 5 minutes on the cookie sheet gave me the best results.
Love the recipe. Going to add this as a go-to for cookies! 👍
Sarah Latto says
This was a horrible recipe!!! They were piles of mush!!!!