Get ready to “Fall” in love with this easy spiced Caramel Apple Poke Cake topped with tender apples and drizzled with caramel!
I love apple cider in the cold fall and winter months. One of my favorite drinks from Starbucks is the Caramel Apple Cider and that is exactly the inspiration for this cake.
Poke cakes are so fun to make and they always seem to be a hit. I tried this cake a couple of times before I got the right mixture for the filling, the first time too sweet and the second too much cinnamon. Now it’s just right. My kids were more than excited to try this cake because we all love apples like apple obsessed. I love honey crisp apples, as well does my son Aiden. Where everyone else loves green apples. Making apple crisp becomes a football Sunday ritual around here and I have a feeling that this cake will take it places in the rotation. My sister, Bonnie after trying the cake said that this would make a fantastic dessert for Halloween night. Obviously not the for the kids because they will already be sugared up but for the adults.
Do you have a favorite kind of poke cake? I would love to know your favorite combinations of poke cakes in the comment below because I would love to try some more out.
I love cake and honestly, anything with caramel is a winner to me. Enjoy this Caramel Apple Cider inspired cake and enjoy.
Fall desserts that’ll make you weak in the knees!
- Pumpkin Roll
- Weight Watchers Apple Cobbler
- Rice Pudding
- Pecan Pie Brownies
- Pretzel Turtles
- More dessert recipes…
- 1 spice cake mix I like Duncan Hines
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1 packet instant caramel pudding
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce plus more for topping
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 4 apples peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- Cinnamon sugar to taste
- 8 ounces Cool Whip or 3 cups homemade Cool Whip
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch x 13-inch metal pan.
- Mix all the ingredients for the cake in a stand mixer for 7 minutes. (You can use a hand mixer too.)
- Pour batter into prepared pan and place in the oven. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and the sides of the cake start to pull away from the pan.
- While cake is baking, place a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add apples and butter. Cook apples until tender. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar, remove from heat, and set aside. Allow apples to cool completely. Once cooled set them in the fridge until ready to use.
- Completely cool cake. Then poke holes into the cake using the handle end of a wooden spoon.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, caramel topping, and apple juice. Mix together until well combined.
- Pour and spread mixture evenly over cake.
- Set the cake in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Top cake with Cool Whip, spreading evenly to cover the entire cake. Top with chilled apples.
- Cut cake into 12 slices and serve. Drizzle each slice with caramel if you desire and serve.
Love cake as much as I do. Try out two of my favorites.
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!