“Fall” in love with this easy spiced CARAMEL APPLE POKE CAKE drizzled with caramel!
I love apple cider in the cold fall and winter months. One of my favorite drinks from Starbucks is the Caramel Apple Cider and that is exactly the inspiration for this cake.
Real Housemoms TV
Poke cakes are so fun to make and they always seem to be a hit. I tried this cake a couple of times before I got the right mixture for the filling, the first time too sweet and the second too much cinnamon. Now it’s just right. My kids were more than excited to try this cake because we all love apples like apple obsessed. I love honey crisp apples, as well does my son Aiden. Where everyone else loves green apples. Making apple crisp becomes a football Sunday ritual around here and I have a feeling that this cake will take it places in the rotation. My sister, Bonnie after trying the cake said that this would make a fantastic dessert for Halloween night. Obviously not the for the kids because they will already be sugared up but for the adults.
Do you have a favorite kind of poke cake? I would love to know your favorite combinations of poke cakes in the comment below because I would love to try some more out.
I love cake and honestly, anything with caramel is a winner to me. Enjoy this Caramel Apple Cider inspired cake and enjoy.
Fall desserts that’ll make you weak in the knees!
- Pumpkin Roll
- Weight Watchers Apple Cobbler
- Rice Pudding
- Pecan Pie Brownies
- Pretzel Turtles
- More dessert recipes…
- 1 spice cake mix I like Duncan Hines Just use the mix, DO NOT follow the directions on the back!!
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1 package caramel instant vanilla pudding
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup caramel topping
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 4 apples peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- sprinkle cinnamon and sugar to taste
- 8 oz container Cool Whip or 3 cups homemade Cool Whip
- Preheat oven to 350; grease 9x13 metal pan.
- Mix all the ingredients for the cake in a mixer for 7 minutes. I love to use my Kitchen Aid mixer for this!
- Pour batter into prepared pan and place in the oven and bake 30-35 minutes or until center is cooked and the sides of the cake start to pull away from the pan.
- While cake is baking, add a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add apples and butter. Cook apples until tender. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar and remove from heat, set aside. Allow apples to completely cool. Once cooled set them in the fridge until ready to use.
- Completely cool cake. Once cooled poke holes into the cake using the pointy end of a spatula.
- In a small mixing bowl combine sweetened condensed milk, caramel topping, and apple juice. Mix together until well combined.
- Pour an d spread mixture evenly over cake.
- Set the cake in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Top cake with Cool Whip and spread evenly to cover the entire cake.
- Top Cool Whip with chilled apples.
- Cut, drizzle piece with caramel if you desire and serve.
Love cake as much as I do. Try out two of my favorites.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!