I LOVE cheesecake and could easily eat it every day. I wanted to make something special with cheesecake for Valentine’s Day, so the Pinterest search began! I found the most amazing dessert by Bakerella and I can’t thank you enough Bakerella! I was so excited to make Cheesecake Balls! What a perfect treat for me! When I quickly remembered that I had a cheesecake in my freezer, it was a sign that I needed to make this dessert, immediately. I am not talking about just any cheesecake, but an Assorted Cheesecake with six flavors. Yes, six ridiculously delicious flavors: classic, strawberry swirl, triple chocolate, brownie, chocolate marble, and wild berry! Seriously? Cheesecake Balls were meant to be made at my house! What great timing to find this recipe and have a perfect cake just waiting to be transformed into Cheesecake Balls! They were a HUGE hit at my house…huge, and we just kept eating and eating these scrumptious little pops! I promised Aubrey I would save her some because she absolutely needs to try them, but let me tell you, it is really difficult to look at them in my refrigerator and not eat every single one. The original recipe used a classic cheesecake, which would be wonderful, but I am really glad I had so many different flavors in one cake because each Cheesecake Ball is unique. You are surprised when you bite into each one. I am pretty sure I have tried every flavor. Look how beautiful they are on the inside!
I finally had to cover them up, put them in the refrigerator, and walk away. Cheesecake Balls are an incredible dessert and are extremely addictive! They would be a perfect treat for Valentine’s Day, a date night, or a party! For the most part, I am trying to be healthy and make good eating choices, but I am completely okay with giving into my cheesecake cravings. If you like cheesecake, try Cheesecake Balls! You will be very glad you did! They are phenomenal!
- Crushed Graham Cracker Crumbs
- Almond Bark and/or Candy Melts
- Crisco Shortening
- Parchment Paper
- Lollipop Sticks
- Crush a packet of graham crackers into fine crumbs (or you can buy a box of graham cracker crumbs)
- Put the crumbs in a bowl or on a plate and set aside
- Scoop out small pieces of cheesecake (avoiding the graham cracker crust on the cake)
- Roll into a ball
- Roll the ball in the graham cracker crumbs
- Place on parchment paper (on a cookie sheet)
- Repeat with the entire cheesecake (If the cheesecake gets too soft, place it back in the freezer for a little while until it gets firm)
- Place the cookie sheet of rolled balls in the freezer (the original recipe says for about 20-30 minutes, but I left mine in for over an hour)
- While the balls are in the freezer, melt almond bark or candy melts (color(s) of your choice)
- Add a small amount of Crisco to the chocolate to thin it out
- Once the chocolate has melted, remove the balls from the freezer
- Dip the tip of a lollipop stick in the melted chocolate and into a cheesecake ball
- Dip the entire ball in the melted chocolate
- Pull the ball out of the chocolate and while holding the lollipop stick, roll the cheesecake ball around so excess chocolate drips off
- Place on parchment paper
- Put sprinkles on the cheesecake ball before the chocolate dries
- Repeat for each ball
- Again, if they start getting too soft, place back in the freezer for several minutes before dipping in the melted chocolate
- Let them dry completely, then place in the refrigerator until you are ready to eat them
- Or, eat a whole bunch and then put the ones that are left in the refrigerator
Yummmmmmy.. this is AWESOME.. Right in time for my lil girls party.. LOVE it.. Thanks SO much for sharing this wonderful recipe.. ;)) LOVE … Featuring you tonight.. Hope you can stop in and PARTY with us again… xo
Rachel, You are so amazing! These would be perfect for your cheat day, but good luck stopping at 1, or 2, or 3!!! Seriously, Good luck in the challenge!!!
Rachel @I Love My Disorganized Life says
Wow, Stacey, seriously? Aubrey put you up to this, didn’t she?! As much as I love cheesecake, I know this is her way of trying to make me earn less points in the 8-week Healthy Challenge! lol Well, it might just work. I think I need some for my cheat day….. I just hope I can manage to stop eating them before the whole batch is gone…..
Thanks for sharing at Wicked Good Wednesdays!
Thank you Donna! I don’t have much self control with cheesecake either, but these are so delicious. I definitely ate more than I should have in one sitting, but it was worth it! 🙂
Donna @ The Slow Roasted Italian says
These look awesome! I have always wanted to make these, but to tell the truth… I have no self control with a good cheesecake. I found your post from #365DaysofBaking Wicked Wednesday party. XOXOXO
Thank you Lynn! Thank you for stopping by!
Thank you so much Ashley! Thank you for hosting the wonderful link party!
Lynn H says
Wow! These look amazing! Stopping by from the Valentine Inspirations Link Up! Lynn H @ Turnips 2 Tangerines
Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl says
Holy cow, these look amazing! Thank you so much for linking up at What’s In Your Kitchen Wednesday.
Deborah, I would love to come by with my Cheesecake Balls for Taste and Tell Thursdays! Thank you so much!
Marlys, I will definitely come by on Sunday and vote! Thank you!
Thank you Karly, Jen, Stacie, Marlys, and Deborah! They are incredibly yummy! It is easy to just keep eating them! 🙂
I made something kind of similar years ago, but not all of the different flavors of cheesecake – what a great idea! I’d love to have you come and link up at Taste and Tell Thursdays!
Marlys @Thisand That says
This look absolutely wonderful. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday and remember to come back and vote on Sunday.
Those look great! I love cheesecake too. I’d have to have company over to enjoy these or I’d eat too many of them and make myself sick. LOL! Have a lovely day! Stacie xo
Jen Stull says
OH my goodness!! These look delish! I might eat all of them though!!
Oh. My. Word. My husband would go absolutely CRAZY for these!