A couple of weeks ago I made a Cinnamon Roll Coffee Cake. It was delicious and started my craving on a VERY regular basis for cinnamon sugar. As a kid one of my favorite treats was cinnamon toast. I love the warm buttery cinnamon sugar when it’s first out of the oven. I also LOVE cinnamon rolls with the ooey gooey cream cheese frosting on top of all the buttery cinnamon sugar. YUM!!!!! This past Christmas I got a mini donut pan from my mother-in-law and it has gone to good use. My first attempt was just plain Jane cake donuts. Now don’t get me wrong, cake donuts are my all time favorite donuts I love the nutmeg and cinnamon with the dense cakey texture. Well, I decided that not being satisfied to eat my two favorite things separately I had to find a way to combine them and here they are. I am sharing with you what will soon be your favorite donut. (At least if you like cinnamon sugar.) They are so easy to make and I made them with normal ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen. They are so good that I would say if you don’t have a donut pan don’t let that stop you. Make them in a muffin tin and thank me later. 🙂
- 1/2 c butter melted
- 1 c brown sugar packed
- 2 t cinnamon
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 T cream cheese softened
- 2 T milk
- 1 c powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees
- Grease the donut pan
- in a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg and salt
- cut in shortening with a fork or your fingers
- in a small bowl combine milk, eggs and vanilla extract
- gradually pour milk mixture into dry ingredients and mix, dough will be thick
- spoon into a plastic storage bag and seal closed
- cut a small corner from the bottom and set aside
- spoon 1 teaspoon of cinnamon sugar mixture into each of the bottoms of the donut molds
- squeeze plastic bag to fill donut mold with dough
- each mold should be filled 3/4 of the way
- bake for 8-10 minutes until the top of the donut bounces back
- allow donuts to cool for 5-10 min and twist before removing from pan
- while they cool combine the cream cheese, milk and powdered sugar in a small bowl
- drizzle or dunk donut into cream cheese frosting.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!