CHOCOLATE MOUNTAINS are a new family favorite cookie! Soft chocolate cookie topped with a marshmallow and frosted with more chocolate to look like a mountain. You can’t go wrong!
I’m so excited to be co-hosting the 3rd Annual Christmas Cookie Recipe Swap with Julie from White Lights on Wednesday and our friends! It’s a fun way to do a virtual cookie exchange! Bloggers from all over signed up and we were all paired up. Each blogger sent the other a cookie recipe that they love to bake. This year my cookie partner is Leigh Anne from Your Homebased Mom! I am so excited to get to swap with Leigh Anne. I just love her blog and have been following her for years! If you haven’t yet be sure that you are too. She has super tasty recipes and gorgeous decorating ideas, along with really fun crafts.
Leigh Anne shared here family’s recipe for Chocolate Mountains with me. It was the perfect recipe to get to make for my family. My two little guys inherited their
addiction love of chocolate from their mom. The three of us could take down a bag of Hershey’s Kisses in no time flat! These cookies have a double helping of chocolate with a marshmallow in the middle! They are so soft and amazing that I know we’ll be making them every year! My husband and I actually made these today just before the kids came home from school, so when they walked in the door they got to have a chocolate mountain. I was a pretty popular mom until I reminded them it was time to get started on homework. Oh well it was fun while it lasted! Thanks Leigh Anne for the new family favorite cookie!
After you’ve made these Chocolate Mountains be sure to click over to Your Homebased Mom and see what recipe I shared with Leigh Anne and then pop around to the other recipes below and get even more inspiration!!!
- 1/2 C shortening
- 1/2 C evaporated milk
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 C flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 C cocoa
- 1/2 C chopped walnuts optional (I didn't put them in)
- 24 large marshmallows cut in half
- preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- beat the shortening, milk, water, egg and vanilla in a stand mixer or with a hand mixer
- in a medium bowl whisk remaining ingredients for cookies except the marshmallows
- slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until just just combined
- drop cookie dough by the teaspoonful on a greased cookie sheet
- bake for 8 minutes
- cut marshmallows in half
- remove cookies from oven and place marshmallows on top, cut side down, while they're still hot
- allow to cool
- While cookies cool mix all frosting ingredients with a mixer
- frost the marshmallows like a mountain