This EASY LIGHTENED UP SPINACH DIP is full of veggies and uses Greek yogurt to give you the flavor you crave!
I’ve got a bit of a thing for spinach dip. (Don’t we all?!!) I recently posted a recipe for The Best Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip on my own blog and it got me thinking about how I could make a healthier, lightened up spinach dip. Healthy snacks recipes are my favorite!
I used the original recipe that was given to me by my Aunty Neecy. Then I got to work adapting it to make it a little better for us. You’re going to love it.
I’ve replaced most of the mayonnaise with thick, Greek-style yogurt that is both healthy for you and has WAY fewer calories. I’ve also snuck in some veggies which give the spinach dip a little crunch as well as some color.
The result is a lightened up spinach dip that is creamy and super delicious.
- 14 ounce can of artichoke hearts NOT marinated
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup plain Greek-style yogurt
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese packed
- 1/4 cup real mayonnaise NOT Miracle Whip
- 1 medium carrot grated
- 1 small red pepper diced
- 2 tablespoons finely minced onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop the artichoke hearts and spinach in your food processor until chunky. (You can chop them with a knife if you'd prefer.) Pour the chopped artichokes and spinach into a large bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Scoop the spinach dip into an ovenproof baking dish and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until it is warmed through and starting to bubble at the edges. Serve warm with bread or veggies to dip.