Popeye would gladly toss his can and be all over this tasty CHOPPED SPINACH POMEGRANATE SALAD with a tangy Pomegranate Vinaigrette!
Start the new year off with this healthy salad that is full of flavor and lighter on calories. We’ve all had our sweets and other rich food over the holidays, right? Getting back on track is easy to do when you can whip up this tasty spinach salad and load it up with mango, pomegranate, and a bit of crumbly gorgonzola cheese. It’s fresh, super colorful and you don’t need to feel guilty!
You can also make this salad your own by adding in some of your favorite ingredients. Remember a salad a day is a great way to add in those veggies and fruits that we should be eating on a regular basis. Think of what a great lunch this would be to take to work. Your co-workers would be so envious!
- 3 cups chopped spinach
- 1/2 mango peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 oz. gorgonzola cheese
- 3/4 cup POM pomegranate juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced shallot
- S&P to taste
- Divide the spinach onto two plates or bowls.
- Divide the seeds, mango and gorgonzola on top of the salads
- In a small sauce pan add the pomegranate juice and boil until it reduces by half then cool
- In a small food processor add the juice, honey, vinegar, mustard, shallot and S&P.
- Slowly drizzle in the olive oil
- Drizzle desired amount onto each salad. A little bit packs a lot a flavor and you may have some dressing left over.
Looking for other salads to try?