These EGGNOG COOKIES have all of the flavors of your favorite Christmas drink!
We’re in Christmas cookie baking overdrive! Nutmeg, cinnamon, cocoa powder, you name a holiday flavor and we’ve made a cookie with it. So far there are two recipes tied for my favorite this year, a Caramel Macchiato cookie, if you are a coffee lover, or know someone who is, these are the cookies for you and these Egg Nog cookies. Egg nog is one of those things I just have to have during the holidays. For me, cinnamon and nutmeg are the flavors of Christmas, and now I can drink my egg nog and eat it too!
There is a secret ingredient that makes these cookies soooo good. Not only do they have nutmeg, cinnamon, and egg nog in them, I also added a splash of dark rum. Now you know why I like egg nog so much, LOL. If you don’t do alcohol no worries, much like egg nog these cookies are still delicious without it. I’ve already made these once this year, for a cookie exchange party, but judging by how quickly they disappeared I think I’m going to have to add them to my list of cookies I bake as gifts. They might even make it on to Santa’s plate!
Alright, I’ve told you mine, now it’s your turn. What are your favorite holiday cookie recipes?
- 1 ½ cup powdered sugar
- 4-5 tablespoons eggnog add slowly until you reach drizzle consistency
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- In electric mixer bowl using the paddle attachment cream sugar and butter until fluffy.
- Add egg yolks, eggnog, rum and vanilla extract.
- Beat at medium speed with a mixer until smooth.
- Slowly add flour mixture. and beat at low speed until combined. Do not over mix!
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place on greased cookie sheet or line with baking mat or parchment paper. Space cookies about two inches apart.
- Bake for 10-13 or until edges are golden. (check time with my recipe could be longer).
- While cookies are baking, make your eggnog glaze.
- Cool cookies on cookie rack and drizzle glaze once cooled.
- Store in airtight container.