This creamy and hearty Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal comes together quickly and makes the perfect quick breakfast on a busy fall morning.
Let’s face it- weekday mornings can be busy, folks. With making sure the kiddos have brushed their teeth, have their homework, and grabbed their lunches before heading out the door for school, sometimes that whole serving them a hearty and healthy breakfast thing gets overlooked. The kids leave the house with a pop tart or cereal bar in hand, and we call it a morning. But underneath it all, we feel just a tad guilty that they didn’t get their school day started with something a little more substantial. Am I right?
Enter this Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal! You can bake up a batch of this delicious and hearty baked oatmeal in a little less than an hour over the weekend. Then you can simply cut the baked oatmeal into squares and package them up for the week. You can even freeze these baked oatmeal squares, folks!
You can feel good sending the kids to school (or the husband to work) with a chunk of this baked oatmeal packed with all the good stuff like oats, yogurt, and pumpkin. But all they will see is the chocolate chips that mom is letting them eat for breakfast. And after sending off everyone else for the day, you can sit back with a hot cup of coffee and piece of this creamy baked oatmeal for yourself and enjoy.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Spray an 8x8 baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin puree through the baking powder.Whisk until smooth, & then whisk in the milk.
- Add the oats and mix well. Then fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- Pour the baked oatmeal batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake the oatmeal for 40-45 minutes or it is golden brown and set.
- Cut the oatmeal into 6-8 squares. Enjoy warm or cold. You can even freeze these individually and simply heat in the microwave.
- Refrigerate or freeze any leftovers.
If you loved this recipe, you might also like my…