Homemade Hot Chocolate is creamy, smooth and easy to make. Serve with whipped cream and marshmallows, for the ultimate winter treat!
This is the only homemade Hot Chocolate recipe you will ever want to make again. It’s so rich and creamy with the most amazing chocolatey flavor. Top it with whipped cream, Marshmallows and you will forget all about those ready to mix Hot Cocoa powders. Dress it up and make it fancy with some extras like caramel sauce while pairing it with this wonderful Fudge Recipe, or keep it nice and simple for cold evening warm up. Take it to a friend or family member’s house for holiday fun and you’ll be the hit of the party!
Like this recipe? Pin it to your SWEET TREATS pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Real Housemoms TV
Hey Everyone!! Subhasmita here, from The Flavours Of Kitchen. I will be sharing a few of my favorite recipes with you guys. These recipes have been tried and tested multiple times. Hope you guys will give the recipes a try and enjoy!
Let’s talk about this Hot Chocolate Recipe. Call me old-fashioned, but I love classic homemade Hot Chocolate over any of its variations. It is a wintertime staple and the perfect drink to cozy up with once the temperature starts to drop.
How to Make Homemade Hot Chocolate
This homemade Hot Chocolate Recipe is quite easy and takes just 10 minutes. You only need a handful of ingredients and most of them are pantry staples.
- Milk: You need whole milk with full fat. There is no place for skimmed or low-fat milk in this recipe. I mean who would like to have a watered down version of Hot Chocolate? It has to be rich, creamy and only Whole milk can make it happen.
- Cocoa: Dutch process Cocoa is my first preference, for its depth of flavor. But any good quality cocoa will do.
- Semisweet Chocolate: Good quality Chocolate preferably with a higher cocoa percentage.
- Salt: Do you add salt to your desserts? A pinch of salt goes a long way. It brings out the sweetness in a dessert.
- Sugar: Regular sugar works here.
Find more sweet treat recipes here…
- Crock Pot Wassail
- Cinnamon Mocha Iced Coffee
- Orange Sweet Rolls with Cranberry Glaze
- Slow Cooker Hot Buttered Rum
- Maple Donuts
- More sweet treat recipes…
Tools used to make this Homemade Hot Chocolate recipe
Saucepan: I don’t what I’d do without this saucepan. It gets used in my kitchen every day.
Whisk: This is my favorite set of whisks. There’s a size for every job and the thicker handles give me a good grip.
Mugs: These classic white mugs are great for single-serving desserts, hot cocoa or putting together an inviting coffee bar to state your day!
- In a deep saucepan add milk, cocoa powder, sugar, salt. Mix well until there is no lump.
- Bring to a boil, then lower the heat. Add chopped chocolate. Using a whisk mix well until chocolate has completely melted.
- Switch off the flame. Add Vanilla Extract if using.
- While serving to top it with whipped cream and mini marshmallows.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!