If you like tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella cheese, you will love caprese tomato bites, a new twist on the caprese salad. All the fresh, wonderful flavors are mixed together in one scrumptious bite! Aubrey was at my house and before we knew it, the plate was empty! Caprese tomato bites would be an awesome appetizer, especially this Labor Day weekend!
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella cheese sliced
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Scoop out and discard pulp of cherry tomatoes (use a small melon ball scooper)
- Invert tomatoes onto paper towels to drain
- In a food processor, combine the cream, mozzarella cheese, basil and garlic; cover and process until blended
- Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or heavy-duty resealable plastic bag
- Fill with cheese mixture
- Turn tomato halves over; drizzle with vinegar
- Pipe cheese mixture into tomatoes
- Refrigerate until serving
Recipe from: tasteofhome
Real Housemoms TV
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!