Key Lime Pie Cookie Cups start with a mini lime sugar cookie crust that is then filled with deliciously sweet and tart key lime pie filling. Top that off with whipped cream and you have a winner!
My husband loves pie. For his birthday for years he’s been requesting pies in place of a birthday cake. One of his summertime favorites is Key Lime Pie. It was too tart for me as a kid but as I’ve grown and my taste buds have too, I come to love this sweet and tart dessert too. I wanted a new way to make the fun pie. I have trouble with portion control when it comes to food that I love so making little mini versions is usually best for me. I made these when we were having friends over for dinner and cards. After dinner we brought out the cards and set a plate on the table to snack on these Key Lime Pie Cookie Cups while we played. BIG MISTAKE!!!! We couldn’t stop popping them into our mouths! We had 3 to 4 each! It was worth it though!
Real Housemoms TV
I used the Lime Sugar Cookie recipe to make the cookie cups. That way the lime flavor was all the way through the tasty treat. You could absolutely halve the recipe or only use half and refrigerate or freeze the rest for a later sweet tooth but I just went ahead and made it all. These cookies are sooooo good and they went fast!!! I also made the cookie cups the night before I was going to fill them. That way they were completely cool when I was ready to fill. Next time, I’d make the filling the day before too and then just fill the cups before the guests arrive. I’ve told you before of my love of make ahead party foods. 🙂 I can not stress enough how good these cookies are and I recommend that you make them as soon as possible!
- 1/2 the dough for Lime Sugar Cookies*
Key Lime Pie Filling
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup key lime juice**
- 1-14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- whipped cream for garnish
- lime slices halved for garnish
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray
- place a teaspoon ball of cookie dough into each muffin cup
- place in oven and bake for 10-13 minutes until just starting to brown
- remove from the oven and use the handle of a wooden spoon to gently press down the center of the cookies to form a cup
- allow to cool in the muffin cups for 5 to 10 minutes then remove to a cooling rack
Key Lime Pie Filling
- whisk the egg yolks, lime juice, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla over medium to low heat for 10-15 minutes until completely warmed
- remove from heat and allow to completely cool
- pour into a pastry bag and fill each cookie cup to the top
- place in the refrigerator until completely cooled and ready to serve
- top each off with a dollop of whipped cream and a half a lime slice
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!