If you’re looking for a refreshing and tasty dessert that you can whip up in just 5 minutes then Lime Jello Pie is your new best friend!
Citrusy sweet with the perfect level of tartness, this Lime Jello Pie is a super simple make ahead dessert that the whole family will love. Lime jello, cool whip, and a crumbly Graham cracker crust come together in just 5 minutes to create this tasty chilled pie.
THE PERFECT AFTER DINNER DESSERT
Do you ever crave dessert but just don’t have room for it after dinner sometimes? This Lime Jello Pie recipe is cool, light, and refreshing making it the perfect follow-up to any meal.
If you’re not huge on Jello or just don’t have a box handy, Easy Lime Pie or delicious Key Lime Tarts also pack big lime flavor.
OTHER RECIPES TO SERVE WITH JELLO LIME PIE
- Jalapeno Lime Chicken Wings – Since you will already have limes handy, try these amazing jalapeno lime wings!
- Sweet Potato Wedges with Honey Lime Dip – Make is a complete meal with a side of these awesome sweet potato wedges.
- Key Lime Pie Cocktail – The best part about this recipe if you will already have a lot of the ingredients for it handy!
Pie Filling: For this Lime Jello Pie recipe you will just need a 3-ounce box of lime-flavored jello and an 8-ounce container of thawed Cool Whip.
Crust: The best, and easiest, thing to do is buy a prepared 10 inch Graham cracker pie crust. If you would rather mix your own crust, you could always do that too.
Toppings: You can top your Lime Jello Pie with more cool whip and lime slices for garnish.
HOW TO MAKE LIME JELLO PIE
STEP ONE: In a mixing bowl, whisk the lime-flavored jello mix and 1/2 cup of boiling water together until the jello powder is fully dissolved. Next, whisk in 1 cup of cold water. Once the jello mixture is mixed, begin to fold in the cool whip until the pie filling is fully combined and smooth.
STEP TWO: Place the pie filling into the fridge in the same bowl you mixed it in. Allow it to chill for 30 minutes and then mix it again with a rubber spatula. Once it is mixed, transfer the Jello Lime Pie filling to the pie crust and place it back into the fridge.
STEP THREE: The pie should chill for at least 6 hours, or overnight, for the best results. Before serving the pie, slice and garnish as desired.
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
- This recipe will make the perfect amount of filling for a 10 inch pie crust. If using a 9 inch crush, you will have some excess filling.
- One of the best parts about this recipe is that you can use any flavor of jello that you like! My second favorite is raspberry!
- This recipe was NOT made with sugar-free jello. If you use sugar-free, it will most likely change the flavor of the pie.
HOW LONG DOES LIME JELLO PIE LAST?
As long as this no bake jello pie remains chilled, it will last for 2-3 days in the fridge. Just be sure to keep it properly covered to keep it at its best.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN KEY LIME AND LIME?
Key limes are a specific variety of limes that have more seeds, thinner rinds, and lend themselves particularly well to baking recipes. For this Lime Jello Pie, most of the lime flavor comes from the jello, so you can’t exactly call this a jello key lime pie, but you can definitely use key limes as the garnish!
OTHER EASY DESSERT RECIPES
- Strawberries and Cream Poke Cake
- No Bake Cherry Cheesecake
- No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
- No Bake Peach Chiffon Pie
- Easy Creme Brulee
- 3 ounces lime jello mix
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 8 ounces Cool Whip thawed (1 tub)
- 1 10-inch prepared graham cracker pie crust
- Whipped cream for garnish
- Lime slices for garnish
- Whisk the jello mix and boiling water until fully dissolved. Whisk in the cold water.
- Fold the cool whip into the jello mixture. until well combined.
- Refrigerate pie filling in the bowl for 30 minutes. Then mix again with a rubber spatula.
- Transfer the jello mixture to the pie crust and spread so the top is flat.
- Chill the pie for at least 6 hours (preferably overnight) before slicing. I like to top each slice with a dollop of whipped cream and lime slice.
Leave a Reply