Key Lime Pie Cocktail is a sweet and creamy dessert in a glass, and it’s so easy to make. It’s hands down the best way to celebrate the day!
Sweet, tart, creamy and so incredibly delicious, Key Lime Pie Cocktail is one drink that has it all without being complicated! Whipped cream vodka, RumChata, pineapple juice and lime juice, along with a few toppings, are all you need to make this one of a kind dessert cocktail!
I live in a completely landlocked area, with no beach in sight, let alone an island! I don’t let little things like that bother me, though when I can make something that tastes so amazing, it automatically transports me somewhere awesome. Key Lime Pie Cocktail is like pie in a glass, with bright, tart flavors and a delicious sprinkling of graham crackers that puts me right smack dab on a Florida beach. This cocktail shakes up in a few minutes so I can make them quickly, but I know that when I start to hear the seagulls that it’s time to call it a night.
Other Recipes to Serve with Key Lime Pie Cocktail
- Sometimes we go big with flavors we’re currently obsessed with, so don’t forget to whip up some Key Lime Pie Cookie Cups for serious key lime enjoyment!
- Tropical Bruschetta is a wonderful way to make your patio party feel like a resort getaway when you’re having these Key Lime Pie Cocktails!
Liquor: You will need whipped cream vodka and creamy RumChata for this drink.
Juice: Pineapple juice brings the sweetness and juicing a fresh lime brings the bright, must-have lime flavor, so grab both.
Toppings: Crushed graham crackers, whipped cream, and a lime wedge. Take this drink over the top!
Optional: If you’d like to have an iconic green drink then you will also need a little green food coloring.
How to Make a Key Lime Pie Cocktail
STEP ONE: Fill a shaker with ice. Add the whipped cream vodka, RumChata, pineapple juice, lime juice, and green food color to the shaker. Secure the lid in place and shake well.
STEP TWO: Using a lime wedge, rim a martini glass or shot glasses with the lime’s juice. Dip the rim into some crushed graham crackers spread out on a small plate. Pourr the cocktail into the prepared glass.
STEP THREE: Top each drink with some whipped cream, a lime wheel, and a sprinkling of crushed graham crackers.
Tips for Success
- If you don’t have a shaker, you can use a mason jar with a tight fitting lid to shake your drink- it’s so easy!
- The key to this drink is to keep things cold, so if you have room in your freezer, stick the bottle of whipped cream vodka in there and stick the RumChata in the fridge. This will help keep the drink colder, like a nice slice of cold key lime pie!
- Turn this martini into a Key Lime Pie Shot! Shake up all of the same ingredients but pull out a few shot glasses, rim them with the graham crackers, add the cocktail and top with whipped cream and graham crackers.
Can you use key limes for cocktails?
Different regions of the country will typically have key limes, usually bagged, at certain times of the year, so if you can find them, then you can absolutely use them in this cocktail! The sweet-tart and slightly floral flavor of the key lime would take this drink over the top. If you can’t find key limes, then juicing a regular lime is great for this drink. Most grocery stores sell bottled Key West lime juice that you can typically find in the juice aisle and that would be a fine substitute, as would regular bottled lime juice. Steer clear of sweetened lime juice, however, because it will make the drink overly sweet.
Can I use rum instead of vodka?
If you prefer rum based drinks then you can make a few modifications to this recipe. Instead of using whipped cream vodka, substitute a coconut rum and follow the rest of the recipe. You may even be able to find key lime rum, depending on where you live, and you would then skip the vodka and the lime juice. Try these variations, and don’t be afraid to tweak it by adding more or less of something until you find your perfect drink!
Turn your patio into a vacation spot with these cocktails
- Mexican Sunset Cocktail
- Tropical Breeze Cocktail
- Pot of Gold Cocktail
- Grasshopper Cocktail
- Spiked Strawberry Lemonade Cocktail
*This post was originally posted on 03/11/2017
- Shot glasses
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice (1 lime)
- 1 1/4 ounce whipped cream vodka
- 2 ounces RumChata liqueur
- 1 to 2 drops green food coloring
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Whipped cream
- Lime wedges or wheels
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add the pineapple juice, lime juice, whipped cream vodka, RumChata, and green food coloring Secure the lid tightly and shake vigorously until the shaker is cold, about 30 seconds.
- Spread some graham crackers crumbs out on a small plate. Run a lime wedge around the rim of a martini glass and dip the rim into the graham cracker crumbs.
- Pour the cocktail into the prepared glass. Top with a dollop of whipped cream and sprinkle with additional graham cracker crumbs, if desired. Garnish with a lime wheel and serve immediately.
This is awesome!! I use 3/4 oz Rum Chata and 3/4 oz Licor 43, it adds a little “crust” flavor to it. A real crowd pleaser!