Topical Bruschetta is a refreshing fruity twist on the classic bruschetta and takes just minutes to throw together!
I just can’t get enough of all the fresh summer produce! The gorgeous veggies and sweet juicy fruits… perfectly refreshing on these hot summer days out in the sun.
Real Housemoms TV
Bruschetta is a summer appetizer staple but to switch things up a bit I decided to swap out the tomatoes for some tropical fruit. Fruit on top of toasted bread may seem a little different, even weird, but gosh it is good! Especially since the bread is topped with coconut oil giving it more of a tropical taste. But what doesn’t taste good on warm toasted bread?!
This is such a fun refreshing appetizer that is quick and easy to make. A perfect dish to bring to a barbecue and eat out by the pool. And yes, even out by the little inflatable kiddie pool. That’s how I enjoy mine! Just close your eyes, sink your teeth into this sweet bruschetta, and imagine you’re relaxing on a tropical beach with white sand and crystal clear water. Enjoy!
Get more great recipes like this one on our Real Housemoms Apps & Bites pin board!
- 1 cup strawberries diced
- 1 cup mango diced
- 1 cup pineapple diced
- 1 cup kiwi diced
- 1 French Baguette sliced into 3/4 inch slices (about 12-14 slices)
- Coconut oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- Place all fruit in a bowl with the lime juice and toss. Set aside.
- Place sliced bread on a cookie sheet. Spread some coconut oil (1/2-1 teaspoon) on the top of each slice of bread and then broil for 1-2 minutes until golden brown.
- Spoon fruit on top of each toasted piece of bread and sprinkle with the lime zest and coconut. Serve.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!