Green or gold, you’re in for a festive and lucky St. Patrick’s Day with a Pot of Gold or Drunken Leprechaun in your hand!
These tasty cocktails are full of celebration and fruity flavors and are shaken to perfection in a few simple steps! Only four ingredients are needed for these St. Patrick’s Day cocktails, starting with sour apple schnapps, coconut rum, pineapple juice, and ice for a Pot of Gold or you and your guests can choose to add a bit of food coloring for a Drunken Leprechaun, both drinks are magically delicious!
St. Patrick’s Day celebrations out and about, with everyone in town crowding the bars and music venues are hands down a lot of fun. When we decided we wanted to bring that same fun energy into a get-together at our house for our friends the very first thing we knew we needed to do was to pick our signature drink for the night. The Pot of Gold and Drunken Leprechaun fit the bill perfectly because it was easy to make, everyone could put their own spin on it, and most importantly, it tastes amazing! I love being able to make drinks that taste like an actual bartender made it and I especially love when all of my guests love it too! The Pot of Gold and the Drunken Leprechaun made the joy-filled and raucous party we had a complete hit.
Other Recipes to Serve with Pot of Gold & Drunken Leprechaun Cocktails
- Luck of the Irish Shots is a dessert like, fun mint chocolate drink for celebrating St. Patrick’s Day with friends.
- 25 St. Patrick’s Day Party Ideas is a great guide for party ideas and inspiration just for St. Patrick’s Day!
Liquor: These drinks need equal amounts of apple schnapps and coconut rum.
Juice: You’ll need pineapple juice.
Extras: For the Drunken Leprechaun you’ll need green food coloring and you’ll also need maraschino cherries to garnish the drinks.
Ice: Make sure you have plenty of crushed ice on hand to make these drinks all night!
How to Make a Pot of Gold Cocktail
STEP ONE: Combine the apple schnapps, coconut rum, and pineapple juice in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. For the Drunken Leprechaun, add a few drops of green food coloring too.
STEP TWO: Shake the drink vigorously for a few seconds and then strain it into a cocktail glass with ice.
STEP THREE: Garnish each drink with maraschino cherries and Sláinte! (Cheers!)
Tips for Success
- If you don’t have green food coloring or just don’t want to use it that’s totally fine, you’ll still have a really great Pot of Gold cocktail to enjoy!
- Don’t have a shaker? No problem! Just stir the drinks well before you garnish and serve.
- You can make a big batch of this recipe too. Mix together 2 cups apple schnapps, 2 cups coconut rum, and 4 cups pineapple juice in a 2-quart pitcher. Pop it into the fridge to chill until you’re ready to serve. Then all you have to do is fill some glasses with ice and pour.
What are traditional St. Patrick’s Day Drinks?
There are many traditional St. Patrick’s Day choices, such as Guinness beer, Jameson Whiskey, Bailey’s Irish Cream, and Tullamore Dew. When it comes to mixed cocktails, anything green or gold that puts you in a St. Patrick’s Day celebration mood is the right choice!
What other mixes can I do with coconut rum?
Coconut rum adds another layer of flavor to so many drinks! Mixing coconut rum with pineapple juice is a favorite and other juices like lemonade or limeade and guava juice always pair well. You can also combine coconut rum with ginger ale or ginger beer or something creamy like RumChata. Why not try a Pina Colada or a Mai Tai for a tropical getaway in a glass?
Make Every Day St. Patrick’s Day With More Treats!
- 25 St. Patrick’s Day Cocktails
- Mint Balls
- Instant Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage
- Leprechaun Snack Mix
- Skillet Reuben Dip
- Irish Cream Mousse Cups
*This post was originally posted 03/13/2014.
Pot o’ Gold
- All of the above ingredients
- 1 to 2 drops liquid green food coloring
Pot o’ Gold
- Combine the coconut rum, apple schnapps, and pineapple juice in an ice-filled shaker.
- Cover the shaker and shake vigorously for 30 seconds, or until the can is really cold in your hands.
- Strain into a tall cocktail glass filled with ice. Garnish with maraschino cherries if desired.
- Add the coconut rum, apple schnapps, pineapple juice, and green food coloring into an ice-filled cocktails shaker.
- Shake vigorously and then strain into a cocktail glass filled with ice. Garish with cherries.