ROASTED MUSHROOM SPINACH SAUSAGE ALFREDO PASTA BAKE is so amazing! My husband wants me to make it all the time and it’s really super simple to make!
My husband and I were trying to come up with something to make for dinner the other day. We couldn’t agree on what sounded good. (This is why I need to be better at following a Weekly Menu Plan.) I honestly was in a mood where I didn’t know what I wanted but nothing he said sounded good. I can be a tad irritating at times. 🙂 Then I went to Pinterest to look at all the yummy pictures until my tummy was intrigued. I started to see all the pasta dishes popping up and knew that was it. Pasta is so simple to make! I asked my patient husband if he was craving anything in particular that I could add to a pasta dish and he wanted some mushrooms so I ended up making this delicious and amazing dish called Roasted Mushroom Spinach Sausage Alfredo Pasta Bake! Doesn’t it just roll of the tongue. (Insert eye roll here.) I really couldn’t think of a better name because I felt like every part of this dish is a flavor super star!
When you look down below at the miles long list of ingredients and instructions do NOT, I repeat, DO NOT be intimidated. A lot of the ingredients are repeats and it’s not hard to make at all. You’ll actually be cooking the pasta and the mushrooms while you sautee the onions and the spinach then just toss it all together and make the alfredo sauce! Pretty simple. I was even thinking that next time I make it I’ll make an extra and freeze it for a later busy night once the kids are back in school. My go back late after Labor Day. I’m really getting excited to get back into a routine. So head to the kitchen and get ready to make Roasted Mushroom Spinach Sausage Alfredo Pasta Bake!
- 16 oz. slice mushrooms
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 cups grated Parmesan
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1.25 lbs Italian Seasoned Ground Turkey
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 lb Gemelli pasta cooked according to package directions
- 1 lb fresh mozzarella sliced 1/4 inch thick
- preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- on a baking sheet toss mushrooms, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper
- spread into an even layer
- place in oven to roast for 15-20 minutes
- remove from oven and set aside
- preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- spray a 3 qt casserole dish or 13x9 baking dish with cooking spray
- cook pasta to al dente
- heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat
- add the ground turkey to the skillet and break up as it begins to cook
- stir occasionally until cooked through then remove from skillet to a plate an set aside.
- return skillet to pan and add chopped onion
- season with salt and pepper and stir, scraping the bottom of the pan as onions soften so they can pick up the flavor of the ground turkey, 5-10 min
- add in the minced garlic and cook for 30 seconds to a minute
- add the spinach, You will have to add in batches. The spinach will begin to wilt making room for you to add more to the pan
- all the onion, spinach mixture to cook for 5 to 10 minutes then remove from skillet and set aside
- melt butter over medium heat in skillet from above
- whisk in the heavy cream and add in the crushed garlic clove
- allow to simmer for 5 minutes
- remove the garlic clove and slowly whisk in the grated Parmesan cheese
- add to pasta along with spinach mixture, mushrooms and ground turkey
- toss all together and add into greased baking dish
- top with evenly spaced sliced mozzarella
- bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!