Churro Muffins transform a sweet cinnamon Mexican dessert into bite-sized mini muffins that are baked instead of fried!
Have you ever been to a Mexican restaurant and ordered Churros for dessert? You know the fluted fried pastry dough covered in cinnamon sugar. They are to die for! Those buttery sweet cinnamon pastries are crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside and they just melt in your mouth. I’m salivating just thinking about them. While I love the taste of the Churros, sometimes I just want a couple of bites. I also wanted to see if I could bake them instead of frying them. Guess what? You can totally bake ’em! These Churros Muffins have all the flavor of your favorite Mexican dessert into a little bite-sized muffin, and they are so easy to make!
Like this recipe? Pin it to your BREAKFAST pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
The first thing to do is just to make the dough for 24 mini muffins and bake them for 15 to 20 minutes. Then while they are baking, make the buttery cinnamon sugar coating by melting butter in one bowl and combining cinnamon and sugar in another bowl. Once the churros muffins have finished baking, then you dip each muffin in the melted butter and then in the cinnamon sugar, and that’s it! Enjoy!
Now you can enjoy the taste of Mexican churros at home in these little bite-sized Churros Muffins. Dip them in melted chocolate or caramel or have them with some coffee or hot cocoa. They are fantastic for either breakfast or as a dessert. The hardest part is to stop popping these little muffins in my mouth! It is impossible to eat only one.
Now you give it a try and let me know how you like them! They are so easy to make, and you won’t regret it. Just have some people over to share them with!
Want more muffin recipes?
- Apple Cider Muffins
- Mocha Crumb Muffins
- Strawberry Lemon Cream Cheese Muffins
- Carrot Cake Muffins
- Lemon Poppyseed Muffins
- More breakfast recipes…
Tool used to make this Churro Muffins recipe
Mixing Bowl: These mixing bowls get used just about every day at my house. The grip handle makes them easy to hold and the pour spout makes them perfect for batters!
Mini Muffin Tin: I love bite-sized eats & treats! A mini muffin tin is a best way to size down your favorite baked goods.
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 24 mini-muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Mix 1/2 cup sugar and 1/4 cup butter in a large bowl. Stir in the milk and vanilla, then mix in the flour, baking powder, and salt until just combined. Fill the prepared mini muffin cups about half full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top of the muffins are lightly golden, 15 to 20 minutes.
- While muffins are baking, place 1/4 cup of melted butter in a small bowl. In a separate bowl, combine 1/2 cup of sugar and cinnamon.
- Turn the muffin tin pan over to release the muffins on a plate or cooling rack.
- Dip each muffin in the melted butter, and roll in the sugar-cinnamon mixture. Let cool and serve.
If you like this recipe be sure to check out some of Flavor Mosaic’s other desserts!