It is January and the winter blues can start setting in after the holidays are long gone!! Let these little cheery muffins put some sunshine into your day!! Banana Chocolate Chip Coconut Muffins are filled with lots of great ingredients. These muffins are a perfect way to start your day! Or to fill that void at anytime of the day.
The muffins have less butter than some recipes and get added moistness from apple sauce. Also instead of mashing the bananas, I sliced them and after mixing you are still left with little tiny chunks of banana that give you a little burst of banana flavor.
Real Housemoms TV
They are tender, delicious and nut free so they can be added to lunchboxes too! Let these little muffins wash away those January blues!!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 frozen bananas sliced and thawed in the microwave
- 1/2 cup fancy coconut
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Line a muffin tin with 18 liners. Preheat oven to 375F.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and set aside. In a bowl of a standup mixer add the brown sugar and butter. Mix well. Add the eggs and vanilla, mix well. Add the dry ingredients. Add the apple sauce and banana. Mix until the banana is broken up but still leaving tiny chunks. Carefully stir in the chocolate chips and coconut.
- With a small measuring up or large spoon add the muffin batter to the cupcake liners filling them about 2/3 to 3/4 full. Bake for 20-22min. or until golden brown and spring back easily with a light touch.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!