These deliciously moist Banana Nut Muffins from scratch are so easy to make and are the perfect breakfast treat to enjoy on the go!
Naturally sweet and perfectly nutty Banana Nut Muffins make the best easy grab-and-go breakfast! These simple muffins don’t require a mixer and can be thrown together using ingredients you most likely already have on hand!
SIMPLY THE BEST
This is by far the best Banana Nut Muffin recipe that I have ever tasted. I love how easy these muffins are to make and I especially love how fresh they taste when they are warm out of the oven.
OTHER RECIPES TO SERVE WITH BANANA NUT MUFFINS
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie – Round out your breakfast with this healthy and tasty smoothie recipe!
- White Chocolate Mocha Latte – For a more indulgent breakfast, try this awesome Starbucks copycat recipe!
Banana and Nuts: For these banana nut bread muffins you will need 3 large ripe bananas and 1/2 cup of chopped pecans.
Wet Ingredients: You will need 1 beaten egg and 1/3 cup of melted butter.
Dry Ingredients: Make sure to grab granulated sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt from the pantry.
HOW TO MAKE BANANA NUT MUFFINS
STEP ONE: Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F and preparing a 12-cup muffin tin. You can use paper liners or spray the muffin troughs with baking spray. Next, in a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and chopped pecans.
STEP TWO: In a separate large bowl combine the sugar and the bananas. Continue by adding in the beaten egg and mixing well. Now stir the melted butter into the banana mixture gradually.
STEP THREE: Combine the dry flour mixture into the wet banana mixture. Do not over mix the batter. Pour the Banana Nut Muffin batter evenly into the muffin tin cups.
STEP FOUR: Bake the muffins for 20-25 minutes if you are using a standard-sized muffin tin. These muffins are ready once they pass the clean toothpick test. Remove them from the pan and cool on a wire rack until cool enough to handle or room temp. However you prefer them.
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
- Try not to over mix the wet and dry ingredients! Stop mixing as soon as the ingredients are just combined.
- Consider adding in some delicious chocolate chips to this recipe to make banana nut chocolate chip muffins.
- Fill each muffin tin cup to 3/4 full for perfect muffin tops!
ARE BANANA NUT MUFFINS HEALTHY?
These freshly baked Banana Nut Muffins from scratch are a great source of vitamins and carbohydrates to give you the energy to start your day off right. If you’re interested in healthier substitutions consider replacing the melted butter with 2% milk and canola oil. This will lower the percentage of saturated fat in the muffin and make it a little bit more heart health-friendly.
HOW MANY CALORIES IN A BANANA NUT MUFFIN?
Each of these standard-sized Banana Nut Muffins has about 218 calories. Considering the average banana has about 110 calories, I usually don’t feel too guilty after finishing one of these off for breakfast. As long your daily diet is balanced, there’s no reason that you can’t enjoy a fresh-baked muffin in the morning.
OTHER AMAZING BAKERY BREADS
- Double Chocolate Banana Bread
- Cranberry Orange Bread
- Air Fryer Monkey Bread
- Banana Zucchini Bread
- Pineapple Bread
- Fried Scones
*This post originally posted on 03/09/2014.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a standard muffin tin with paper liners or coat the cups with baking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pecans.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas and then stir in the sugar.
- Add the egg and mix well. Then stir in the melted butter gradually.
- Dump the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. (Be sure to not over mix!)
- Fill each muffin tin cup with muffin batter. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. (see note)
- The muffins are done when a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center. Remove the muffins to a wire rack to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.