Pumpkin Banana Bread puts a Fall twist on the classic breakfast bread! This easy recipe is perfect for mornings or with coffee after dinner!
Banana bread is one of my favorite breakfast bites. This Pumpkin Banana Bread is the best fall treat around! It combines the moist banana bread you know and love with Fall baking spices and pumpkin! This recipe is sure to give you your pumpkin fix for breakfast or dessert. And if you need more pumpkin in your life, this classic pumpkin roll is as pretty as it is delicious!
PUMPKIN BANANA BREAD
Like this recipe? Pin it to your BREAKFAST board!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Fall also makes me want to bake every day and eat all the seasonal yumminess from salted caramel to pumpkin spice. There is just so much that screams fall and warms you up! This Pumpkin Banana Bread has all of that and more. What’s your go-to fall recipe?
The ingredients for this easy pumpkin bread are kitchen staples just about everyone has on hand. Which makes it really hard NOT to bake up this recipe every week.
Pumpkin Banana Bread Ingredients
- Coconut oil
- Pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- Baking soda
- Baling powder
- Ground ginger
- Ground nutmeg
If you don’t have all the spices, you can use pumpkin pie spice in a pinch. You’ll use 2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice instead of the other spices.
You’re also welcome to add walnuts to this recipe if you like your banana bread to have a little crunch. If so, fold them in gently right before adding your batter to the loaf pan. This helps keep the nuts from sinking to the bottom during baking!
How to Make Pumpkin Banana Bread
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F. You’ll need two mixing bowls for this recipe.
- In your larger bowl, combine the bananas, eggs, oil, pumpkin puree, honey, and sugar. Be sure to mix everything really well.
- In a second bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and allspice.
- Then, pour all of your dry ingredients into your wet ingredients. Mix until they’re just combined, but be careful not to overmix! You want a moist pumpkin bread.
- Finally, pour your batter into a greased loaf pan and bake about an hour, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Serve warm or let the bread cool. Enjoy!
You don’t want to overmix your dry and wet ingredients together because it will lead to a flatter, denser loaf. You want to gently fold the flour mixture into the banana and pumpkin mixture until you can no longer see the dry bits.
What to Serve with Pumpkin Banana Bread
Pumpkin Banana Bread is a great fall dessert or special occasion breakfast treat. I prefer to serve mine all alone, warmed up, with a little pat of butter slowly melting into the bread.
If you’re going the dessert route, this Brown Sugar Cinnamon Ice Cream would be a great complement to the loaf! The sweet, creamy ice cream goes great with this pumpkin bread recipe.
Looking for breakfast ideas? This Sausage and Egg Casserole is the best brunch option to go with the sweet banana bread. Mix it together the night before and have an easy brunch in minutes!
Other Favorite Banana Bread Recipes
Banana bread is one of my favorite recipes because it helps me get rid of extra bananas and can be transformed for so many flavor palettes!
I often make this old school Banana Nut Bread for breakfast. I love that the nuts give it some extra texture, but you can leave them out just as easily.
For the peanut butter lovers, this Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is a rich a decadent loaf with pockets of chocolate and a great nuttiness.
Love white chocolate? I have a peanut butter white chocolate banana bread for you too!
Wanna add some veggies? Try my Banana Zucchini Bread for a great mashup of two classic loaves.
Looking for a new spin on banana bread? I love these Almond Joy Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal squares for the delicious coconut mixed with traditional banana bread flavor and rolled oats for a great crunch.
Love banana bread but looking for a low -arb option. These Banana Bread Smoothie Bowls can be topped with so many delicious ingredients and are packed full of fresh banana bread flavor!
Test your sweet tooth on these delicious homemade desserts!
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake
- Caramel Coffee Popsicles
- Cinnamon Pumpkin Pretzels
- No-Bake S’mores Cheesecake
- Tiger Butter Fudge
- More dessert recipes…
Tools Used to Make the Pumpkin Banana Bread Recipe
Loaf pan: This loaf pan has served me well from meatloaf to banana bread. The handles make it easy to manage and it’s pretty enough for serving!
Mixing bowls: I swear by these mixing bowls! They’re easy to store and are an array of sizes for small jobs to huge batters.
*This post originally posted on 09/28/0213.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a loaf pan and place a piece of parchment paper into the pan so that it hangs over the sides. Grease parchment paper too and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the bananas, eggs, oil, pumpkin, honey, and sugar.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and allspice.
- Pour the flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture and stir until just combined.
- Pour banana bread batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 60 min or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes before removing from the pan and cutting into slices.