My recipe for Banana Nut Bread is full of flavor! It’s quick, easy and certainly a family classic with minimal ingredients that is seriously addicting!
When it comes to bread Banana Bread has always been a favorite in pretty much any family that we have come across. We can never get enough of banana desserts, and this Banana Nut Bread is super simple and one of our favorite last-minute treats to whip up when we get that craving for something sweet. I even like to have a slice for breakfast, I put it right alongside my favorite tater tot casserole for a delicious easy meal.
If you want a classic banana bread recipe, then this should be on your ‘have to make this’ list for any time of year. Easy, tasty and everyone loves it!
BANANA NUT BREAD
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DESSERT pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Baking has always been something that has been a part of our family since I have been young. Making our favorite banana nut bread recipe was one of the first things that my mom taught me how to bake. One because it’s super simple to mix up and two because it is just a simple recipe that the kids can join in on and there isn’t a way to screw up this delicious dish!
How to Make Banana Nut Bread
- Preheat oven and coat a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, mash bananas.
- In a large bowl beat butter and sugars. Add eggs and bananas and beat until mixed.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and fold together until moistened. Fold in nuts.
- Spoon into loaf pan and bake until golden and inside is cooked.
How much more straightforward can you get than this easy Banana Nut Bread recipe? You will have to add this one to your baking list ASAP!
Now there has always been something about banana and walnuts that I have come to love. They make the perfect pair. You could certainly mix in whatever you would like such as chocolate chips.
One thing about the best Banana Nut Bread recipe, while it is amazing warm with a little butter melting atop your slice, it is always also amazing served cold or at room temperature.
I mean it’s a bread that I slice and take with me real quick when I’m headed out to run errands, enjoy with my morning coffee, or for a late night snack.
Let’s agree that Banana Nut Bread is pretty fantastic in any situation.
Some of my other favorite types of bread include:
I’m not going to lie, I’m a carb lover, so I’m in love with all things related to bread. I’m the type of person that will go to the bakery and buy all the bread because who can resist a loaf of freshly baked bread.
Now I don’t have a preference for whether it’s a sweet bread or a yeast bread. Bread is life okay!
Check out more amazing bread recipes!
- Brown Sugar Cinnamon Monkey Bread
- Butternut Squash Cornbread
- Berry Braided Bread
- Apple Cinnamon Pull Apart Bread
- Peanut Butter White Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- More Bread recipes…
Tools used to make this Banana Nut Bread
Loaf Pans: This loaf pan is a kitchen essential for everything from dinner to desserts. I use mine all the time and with proper care, it’ll last for years and years.
Mixing Bowls: These mixing bowls are perfect for mixing and serving. I love the varied sizes so I always have to right size bowl for all my mixing needs.
Whisk: This is my favorite set of whisks. There’s a size for every job and the thicker handles give me a good grip.
Spatula: One of my everyday kitchen tools, this spatula is sturdy and won’t scratch your skillet!
Hand Mixer: While I love my stand mixer, this handheld mixer is perfect for smaller recipes and when I need just a quick mix.
- 4 Tbs butter softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2-3 large bananas
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts + more for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray a 9"x5" loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
- In bowl mash your bananas until smooth.
- In a large bowl beat together your butter and sugars until fluffy.
- Add in your eggs and bananas and beat until combined.
- In another bowl whisk together your flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and with spoon or spatula fold together until moist.
- Lastly, fold in your nuts.
- Spoon into prepared baking dish and bake for 50-60 minutes until golden and center is done.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!