In less time than it takes to have take out delivered you can have this simple and delicious busy weeknight chicken dinner on the table.
This busy weeknight chicken dinner is so simple, it’s ridiculous. I have been making it for years when I still worked outside of the house. I could come home and have dinner on the table in no time! I love that it’s so basic that you can use the leftovers for virtually anything. I like to make a double batch when I can and keep it in the fridge for a fast lunch or an even faster dinner another night. The other night my neighbor invited my oldest over to her house for dinner and he turned her down for this chicken. I’ve never seen a kid more excited for chicken and rice in my life. Don’t get me wrong he has so much fun at her house and loves to eat up there but he couldn’t pass up on this chicken. It makes dinner time even easier when the kids are on board with what your making!
Real Housemoms TV
This chicken works with so many dishes! I make it with large breasts because I can usually feed one breast to two people. If I make four at a time I can have leftovers for another dinner, sandwiches or salads. I can serve it with rice if I’m really not feeling like cooking or I can dress it up with other tasty veggie dishes. My latest with veggies and quinoa I’ll share with you tomorrow. For today do yourself a favor and get this busy weeknight chicken and relax!
- 4 large chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp ground thyme
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- heat olive oil in a large oven safe skillet over medium high heat
- sprinkle 1 tsp each of the salt, garlic powder and pepper over the top of the chicken
- sprinkle 1/2 tsp of the ground thyme over the top
- once the olive oil is hot place the chicken beasts seasoned side down
- now sprinkle remaining seasoning over the other side of the chicken
- continue to cook on that side without moving it too much for about 5 minutes or until chicken is a dark golden color
- flip to cook the other side for another 5 min
- place skillet with chicken into the oven to finish cooking about 20 to 25 minutes or until the internal temperature reads 160 degrees
- remove and let it stand for a few minutes before servings
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!