BROWN SUGAR CINNAMON ICE CREAM the perfect way to transition from Summer to Fall, and it makes a tasty accompaniment to your favorite baked goods!
Servings: 1 quart
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream divided
- ¾ cup brown sugar packed
- Pinch of salt
- 5 3 inch cinnamon sticks, broken into large chunks
- 5 large egg yolks
- In a medium saucepan combine the milk, 1 cup of the cream, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon sticks. Warm over medium heat, stirring, until sugar is dissolved and mixture is warm. Remove from heat and cover and let steep for 45 minutes.
- Remove cinnamon sticks using a slotted spoon and rewarm the milk mixture.
- Pour the remaining 1 cup of cream into a large bowl and set a fine mesh strainer over the top.
- In a medium bowl, whisk egg yolks. Slowly add about a cup of the warm milk mixture into the egg yolks, stirring constantly. Pour the egg/milk mixture back into pan with the remaining milk.
- Stirring constantly, cook the mixture over medium heat, until the mixture has thickened slightly and coats the back of a spoon. Pour egg custard mixture through a fine mesh strainer into prepared medium bowl and chill the mixture in the refrigerator.
- Once chilled, freeze the mixture in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions. If desired, place in the freezer until firm, about 4-5 hours.
Tried this recipe?Snap a pic and upload to your pin and let me know what you thought!
sapna jain says
If we want to avoid egg what step should b taken