When I was a kid I couldn’t wait to get downstairs and see what Santa had left for us. My parents on the other hand couldn’t wait for their coffee to be done brewing and had to have the camera set up just right to get shots of us coming in the room and getting our first sight of all the presents that jolly old man had left. We would be left in our room for what seemed like an eternity waiting while they checked to make sure that Santa had left. They told us we didn’t want to accidentally see him and then have him take all the presents back, so we waited, and waited and waited, until FINALLY someone would come in and let us know that the coast was clear!
Now I get to do this with my kids. I love watching them run in and see everything that is under our tree. We have a big family and I have very generous parents and so it is usually a crazy sight. I don’t want to miss a thing to go cook breakfast but that big bunch tend to get hungry towards the end of the present session. One thing I never want to see is a group of sleep deprived, hungry adults. Who knows what could happen. We still don’t want Santa throwing us all on the naughty list and coming back for the presents! 😉 So, my solutions is to make breakfast dishes that I can get ready the night before and then just throw in the oven in the morning. This Egg and Sausage Casserole is so easy to make and tastes great. I found the recipe here but there are a lot out there. I like to make it pretty basic for the holidays when I am feeding a lot of different people so that more people are happy with it. I would love to add bell pepper, mushrooms, green onions but there are too many people in my family that wouldn’t eat that and since simple is the name of the game I go basic but delicious!
Real Housemoms TV
If liked this recipe, you’ll love out other easy casserole recipes!
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 8 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 6 slices bread cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup shredded cheese whatever you have on hand
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and stir in sausage.
- Cook and stir until sausage is cooked through, evenly browned, and no longer pink, about 10 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl
- Stir in milk, salt, and mustard.
- Add bread cubes, cheese, and sausage into egg mixture.
- Pour into a greased 7x11-inch baking dish.
- Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove casserole from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake in preheated oven until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!