Honey Butter Pork Tenderloin requires only a few basic ingredients and is packed full of flavor. What’s even better – it’s ready in under 40 minutes!
This oven-roasted Honey Butter Pork Tenderloin is a great dinner option for a busy weeknight. I am all about easy pork recipes.
Easy pork recipes that only require a handful of simple ingredients are my favorite. Looking for more easy pork recipes? Check out Caramelized Onion and BBQ Pork Flatbread.
HONEY BUTTER PORK TENDERLOIN
Like this recipe? Pin it to your MAIN DISHES pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
This roasted pork tenderloin recipe is so easy to make because it uses minimal ingredients. Even without a bunch of ingredients, it’s SO flavorful, thanks to the secret ingredient – House Seasoning.
That being said, the Honey Butter Sauce in this baked pork tenderloin recipe is the best part. I usually double the ingredients so I have extra sauce.
Ingredients for Honey Butter Pork Tenderloin
- Pork tenderloin (1.5 pounds is good – be sure to trim the fat!)
- House seasoning (a mix of salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder)
- Chicken stock
You could use veggie stock in place of chicken stock if you like.
How to Cook Pork Tenderloin
- Start by preheating your oven to 375 degrees F.
- After that, melt the butter and honey in an ovenproof skillet on the stove. (I like a cast iron or stainless steel skillet.)
- While that’s melting, sprinkle the House Seasoning over the pork tenderloin. Make sure that you’re coating all the side evenly in seasoning.
- Next, you’ll place the tenderloin in the skillet and brown it right in the melted honey butter. Be sure to sear the tenderloin on each side.
- Then, place the skillet with the pork tenderloin in the oven. Bake it for 15 minutes to 20 minutes. If you like a slightly pink center (medium-well) start with the lower cooking time before checking the internal temperature.
- Take the skillet out of the oven and use a pair of tongs to move the tenderloin to a separate plate. Cover the plate in foil so that the tenderloin stays hot and juicy.
- Next, you’ll make the Honey Butter Sauce. It’s as simple as whisking the chicken stock into the melted honey butter and pan juices. Do this over medium heat and let the sauce simmer until it’s reduced and thickened, about five minutes. Finally, drizzle the Honey Butter Sauce over the tenderloin and serve!
How long to cook pork tenderloin?
It’s important to make sure that the pork is cooked thoroughly and to the proper temperature. After searing each side of the pork tenderloin on the stovetop for 5 minutes, bake it for 15-20 minutes.
The internal temperature on your meat thermometer should read 160 degrees when inserted into the center of the Pork Loin.
What can I serve with Honey Butter Pork Tenderloin?
I usually serve brown rice and steamed green beans with this meal. I love it when the Honey Butter Sauce finds its way into the rice and beans. Pure heaven!
This oven roasted pork tenderloin pairs perfectly with just about any savory side dish.
More delicious dinner recipes for your family!
- BBQ Pork Loin Sliders
- Perfectly Moist Pork Loin
- Instant Pot Pork Chops with Honey Garlic Glaze
- Garlic Butter Pork Chops
- Honey Butter Chicken
- More MAIN DISH recipes…
Tools used to make Honey Butter Pork Tenderloin
Stainless Steel Skillet: This ovenproof stainless steel skillet is a staple for any home cook’s kitchen. You can sear meat and fish on the stovetop, then transfer the skillet right into the oven to finish cooking it.
Meat Thermometer: A meat thermometer is an important tool for every home cook! This is the brand that I have in my own kitchen.
*This post originally posted on 05/11/2015.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1.5 pounds pork tenderloin trimmed
- 1 teaspoon house seasoning
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In an ovenproof skillet, heat butter and honey over medium heat until melted.
- Season pork tenderloin with House Seasoning evenly on all sides.
- Brown pork tenderloin on each side for 5 minutes in the skillet with the honey butter. (If honey begins to burn, lower the heat.)
- Place skillet into your pre-heated oven and roast uncovered for 15 - 20 minutes. Check that the internal temperature has reached 160 degrees F.
- Remove skillet from oven and transfer the pork to a plate. Cover with foil.
- Return skillet to stove and whisk in chicken stock over medium-high heat. Simmer for 5 minutes, or until sauce is reduced and thickened slightly.
- Drizzle sauce over top of pork before serving.
Looking for more easy recipes? Why not try some of these:
100 Best Quick & Easy Dinner Recipes
I used a cast iron pan to sear the pork in them placed it in the oven. When the pork was done the drippings with the honey and butter in the pan was very dark. I added the chicken stock and reduced it on the storage top. The sauce did not turn out it was very dark and tasted almost burnt. We ate the pork without the sauce I was disappointed with the results but thankful that the pork was still enjoyable with out the sauce.
Do you think this could be put in the crock pot after searing?
My children hate pork…until now. They loved this. Picky boy asked for seconds. I doubled the sauce as well. Thanks!
heather @french press says
delicious!! and the perfect warm weather meal