Snickers Poke Cake blew our minds. This dessert recipe is so easy to make the kids can even get in on the action! Add more chocolate to your life with this cake!
I have an obsession with Snickers candy bars. They have been my favorite since I was a kid. So, naturally, I’m a big fan of Snicker’s inspired desserts like Snickers Cheesecake Bars, Snickers Parfait and my Snickers Chocolate Cake. I was really craving the cake the other day and decided to make a new super easy version
because I’m lazy. Snickers Poke Cake has the chocolate, caramel and chopped nuts that I love in a Snicker’s bar. My husband is trying hard to cut back on the amount of sugar he eats and he couldn’t resist this cake, no one could. I had to give it away to friends because there was serious risk of eating it all!
I used a chocolate cake mix for the cake but if you’d rather not just use your favorite chocolate cake recipe, I won’t hold it against you. 😉 Once the cake is made you’ll poke holes in the cake while it’s still warm, pour in homemade caramel and sweetened condensed milk and then after the cake cools top it with whipped cream and chocolate syrup. If I’m being totally honest, I bought a couple of Snickers candy bars to chop up and put on top of the cake also but totally forgot. I was in such a hurry to finish the cake so I could try it I totally forgot the obvious topping. Oh well, Snickers Poke Cake was still out-of-this-world good, you can bet though I’ll be adding those candy bars next time I make this cake and there WILL be a next time or million.
I used our Homemade Cool Whip which is a stabilized whipped cream but you can use Cool Whip if you’d like. I like the flavor of homemade whipped cream better though. I think Snickers Poke Cake would make a great cake for any day but you may want to play it safe and wait till you have a crowd to feed, if you can. 😉
- 15.25 ounce box Chocolate Cake Mix plus ingredients called for on box
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup roasted peanuts chopped
- 3 cups Homemade Cool Whip or the store stuff
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- 2 Snickers Bars chopped, optional
- bake cake according to direction on box in a 13x9 pan
- while cake is baking place a saucepan over medium heat
- melt butter in pan and then add the brown sugar and heavy whipping cream
- allow to come to a boil then remove from heat. let your caramel sauce cool slightly.
- in a medium mixing bowl combine the caramel sauce with sweetened condensed milk
- when cake is finished baking remove from oven
- while the cake is warm poke holes in the cake using the handle of a wooden spoon or a skewer
- pour the caramel mixture over the top of the cake and spread evenly
- sprinkle the peanuts over the top of the cake and then place in in the fridge to cool for 1 hour
- once the cake has cooled completely remove cake from fridge and spread the Homemade Cool Whip over the top of the cake in an even layer
- drizzle with the chocolate syrup and chopped Snickers bar if using.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!