RumChata Poke Cake is a quick, simple, and absolutely scrumptious dessert that grown-ups can’t get enough of!
Serving up a delicious dessert that all of your guests will adore doesn’t have to be complicated, just look at this RumChata Poke Cake! A few ingredients make it quick to whip up this sweet but not too sweet poke cake, like white cake mix, sweetened condensed milk, whipped topping, cinnamon and sugar and of course, delicious RumChata.
The Perfect Dessert in a Jiffy
Ok, so just like preparing other cakes, there is a little bit of time that is needed to mix and bake. Unlike most cakes though, this RumChata Poke Cake doesn’t need a lot of attention, you just mix it, bake it, pour yummy RumChata mix over it, frost, and serve! You could be doing so many things while making this delicious poke cake, it’s that simple! Let’s also talk about how completely yummy RumChata is- like most people, I think of what Cinnamon Toast Crunch would be like if I could drink it. RumChata is creamy and sweet with the perfect amount of cinnamon to make this poke cake an easy decadent dessert.
Other Recipes to Serve with RumChata Poke Cake
- Strawberries and Cream Poke Cake is another delicious poke cake for when you’re feeling like an easy dessert for the whole family!
- Rum & Coke Floats is a simple, fun way to keep the adult beverages flowing at the dessert party!
Dry Ingredients: You’ll need a box of cake mix, cinnamon, and sugar. Since you’ll be preparing the cake according to the directions on the box, check to make sure you have the additional ingredients needed, such as milk, eggs, oil, and butter.
Wet Ingredients: Sweetened condensed milk and RumChata make this poke cake rich and creamy.
Topping: You will need one container of whipped topping. You can use a tub from the store or make your own homemade Cool Whip.
How to Make RumChata Poke Cake
STEP ONE: Preheat your oven according to the temperature on the cake mix box and grease a 9×13 inch cake pan with cooking spray. Prepare the cake batter as directed and bake using the time indicated for a 9×13 pan.
STEP TWO: When the cake is fresh out of the oven, poke holes throughout the cake using a fork, skewer, or the end of a wooden spoon.
STEP THREE: Whisk the sweetened condensed milk and the RumChata until fully blended in a large measuring cup. Pour the mixture all over the top of the cake. Let the cake cool completely and soak in the pan on a wire rack.
STEP FOUR: Once the cake has cooled, spread the whipped topping over the cake and then sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
Tips for Success
- Make sure to follow the directions on the box of cake mix you choose. Each brand is slightly different with their additional ingredients or bake times so for the best cake possible, follow their instructions.
- The sprinkling of cinnamon and sugar on top makes the cake eye catching but more importantly, it really heightens the RumChata flavors so don’t skip it!
- Stirring together the sweetened condensed milk and Rumchata before you pour it over the cake ensures an even flavor and it will also be more easily absorbed into the cake.
Can I use my homemade recipes instead?
If you have a can’t fail, homemade white cake recipe you love, you can absolutely use that! Using a box of cake mix simply cuts down on time and prep work. This also goes for the whipped topping, so feel free to use your best homemade whipped topping too!
How long can I store RumChata Poke Cake?
If you are making this cake ahead of time or you have leftovers, you can cover and refrigerate the RumChata Poke Cake for up to 2 days.
More Adults-Only Recipes
- Drunken Pumpkin Mocha
- Caramel Bourbon Root Beer Floats
- Chocolate Kahlua Bundt Cake
- Whiskey Smash
- Homemade Irish Cream
- Preheat your oven to the temperature designated on the cake mix bow. Grease a 9-inch x 13-inch pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Prepare the cake batter and pour it into the prepared pan. Bake the cake according to package directions for a 9×13-inch pan.
- Remove from the oven and poke all over with a fork, skewer, or back of a wooden spoon.
- Whisk together the sweetened condensed milk and RumChata in a large measuring cup and then pour all over the top of the cake. Allow the cake to cool and soak at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Spread thawed whipped topping all over the top of the cake.
- Combine the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl and sprinkle over the top of the cake.
- You can substitute a homemade white cake recipe if you prefer.
- Store any leftover cake covered in the fridge for up to 2 days.