This Slow Cooker French Dip sandwich is perfect for the entire family! Hot buns filled with moist beef and melted cheese is always a big hit!
If you follow me on Facebook or Instagram you made have heard that we’ve been celebrating my husband’s birthday this past weekend. One must do to celebrate a birthday in my family is making at least one if not 6 special meals for the birthday boy or girl. Sometimes I ask what he wants, but other times I like to surprise him, like a food present! Maybe I just assume everyone wants food or food related gifts, but my husband seems pretty happy with the arrangement. 🙂
This year I decided to make him a French Dip sandwich. Anytime he sees it on a menu when we go out to eat he has to order it. I mean it’s a pretty good decision if you ask me. What’s not to love about a warm toasty bun filled with moist, slow-cooked beef and melted cheese and dipped in cooking liquids?!
They were a hit, and so was his birthday cake, but I’ll share that later in the week! You really don’t want to miss it! If you loved this recipe, be sure to try out my other best crock pot recipes!
- lay onion and garlic in the bottom of the slow cooker
- in a small bowl combine the broth, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard
- pour broth mixture into the slow cooker
- rub the salt and pepper on all sides of the roast
- place on top of the onions
- place in the bay leaves into the broth mixture on the sides of the roast
- cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 7 hours
- remove the roast and shred the meat
- return the meat to the broth and cook for a few more minutes while you prepare the rolls
- slice the rolls in half, lengthwise and toast in the oven until golden brown
- remove from the oven and place the shredded meat on the bottom half of the roll and cover with two slices of provolone cheese and return the bottom of the sandwiches to the oven until the cheese is melted.
- remove and place the top of the bun on the bottom of the sandwich
- serve with a little bowl of the cooking juice to dip the sandwiches in