Warm Peach Dump Cake is a sweet dessert that comes together in minutes with simple ingredients and is perfect with ice cream on a summer day!
Bursting with sweet, gooey peaches and topped with a cake crust, Peach Dump Cake is one of the easiest, one-pan desserts to make with your favorite summer fruit! Mix a few cans of peaches, top with a cake mix and butter, and bake, and you’re ready to serve this memorable treat at all your backyard parties!
Peaches have all the nicest things said about them, like “pretty as a peach” and “peachy keen”! This delectable fruit is a dessert must-have and since it only takes a few minutes to mix, Peach Dump Cake is my go-to dish for all of our potlucks! Everything goes into one baking dish, so there’s practically no cleanup, which I love.
Our summer get-togethers just aren’t complete without these sweet peaches, topped with a cake mix crust, and you know we pull all of the ice cream and whipped cream out to have with it! There is so much to love about this dump cake that we can’t help but make it all year long.
If you haven’t had Grilled Peaches with ice cream yet, it has to be next on your list, along with a tall, cold glass of Peach Iced Tea!
Other Recipes to Serve with Peach Dump Cake
- Peaches aren’t just for dessert and when you bite into Grilled Pork Chops with Peach Salsa, you’ll be an even bigger peach lover!
- Peach Raspberry Slow Cooker French Toast is a savory, fruit-filled way to wake up and start the day!
Peaches: To make this dump cake, you will need a couple of large cans of sliced peaches in heavy syrup. Be sure not to get peach pie filling!
Cake Mix: Pick up your favorite box of vanilla cake mix. You will be using the mix only so you do not need any of the ingredients listed on the box.
Butter: You will need a stick and a half of the butter that has been melted.
Spices: A little cinnamon is also needed to add to the peaches.
How to Make Peach Dump Cake
STEP ONE: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Drain two cans of peaches and pour them into a 9×13-inch baking dish. Then pour in the other two cans of peaches along with the syrup. Sprinkle cinnamon over the top of the peaches.
STEP TWO: Sprinkle the cake mix evenly over the top of the peaches, and then drizzle the butter all over the cake mix.
STEP THREE: Bake the cake for 45-50 minutes until the top is golden brown and the cake is bubbly. Remove it from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Tips for Success
- When making this dump cake, use only canned or fresh peaches, not peach pie filling.
- Love the idea of something crunchy on top? Sprinkle chopped pecans or walnuts over the cake mix, and then bake as the recipe directs.
- Store any leftover cake covered in the fridge for up to 4 days. You can also wrap the baked cake in plastic wrap and foil and freeze it for up to 3 months. Let the cake thaw in the fridge overnight, and then heat it in the oven at 350 degrees F until warmed through.
What’s the difference between a dump cake and a cobbler?
Dump cakes are easy-to-make desserts with the ingredients “dumped” into a cake pan and baked, which is how it got its name. Dump cake recipes are standard, with a fruit filling on the bottom and a powdered cake mix on top. On the other hand, Cobblers use various possible toppings, from biscuits to pie crust to pound cake dough. Cobblers get their name from the appearance of looking “cobbled together” because there are pieces of crust with fruit peeking through. Cobblers also require a few more ingredients and time to mix, so dump cakes are so easy to make instead!
Can I use other fruits in this dump cake?
Canned apples, blackberries, raspberries, cherries, and blueberries can all be used in place of peaches in this dump cake recipe, or you can add them to the peaches for an even bigger flavor! You can also use fresh peaches in this recipe! Add 4 cups of peeled, sliced peaches, 1 1/2 cups sugar, and a pinch of salt to a pot and boil until the peaches are soft and syrup has developed. If you want the syrup thicker, add two tablespoons of cornstarch. From there, follow the recipe as written and enjoy your fresh peach dump cake!
More Peachy Ideas for the Perfect Peach Party!
- Peach Lemonade
- Fresh Peach Ice Cream
- No Bake Peach Chiffon Pie
- Peaches and Cream Martini
- Peach Cobbler Recipe
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Drain two cans of peaches and dump them into a 9-inch x 13-inch baking dish. Pour in the other two cans of peaches along with the syrup.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon over the peaches, and then sprinkle the cake mix evenly over the peaches. Pour the melted butter all over the cake mix.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until golden brown on top and bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before serving. My family really likes a scoop of vanilla ice cream with this cake.