I LOVE homemade ice cream! One of my absolute favorite flavors is Peach ice cream. I remember as a kid making it in the summer with the old ice cream maker my parents had. I would watch as the cream turned inside and wait and wait for it to get thick enough to eat. When we would get to eat it finally, it just tasted like summer.
We recently got an ice cream maker that makes “instant” ice cream! A lot less waiting and it doesn’t require the ice and rock salt. It’s so easy that I think I’ll be making a lot more ice cream now. The first ice cream I wanted to try was peach ice cream of course. I leave the skin on the peach for more of a fresh taste.
What is your favorite summer ice cream flavor?
- 6 ripe peaches chopped with the skin on
- 1 1/2 c sugar divided
- 1 1/2 c whole milk
- 2 3/4 c heavy cream
- 1 1/2 t vanilla
- combine the peaches and 1/2 c sugar in a small bowl gently toss, allow to sit for 2 hours
- set aside the peach juice and puree half of the peaches
- in a large mixing bowl combine the sugar and milk and beat until the sugar is dissolved
- add in the heavy cream, vanilla, peach juice and puree
- add the ice cream mixture to ice cream maker and proceed as your ice cream maker directs
- minutes before stopping the ice cream maker add in the remaining chopped peaches
- remove from maker and allow to freeze to desired consistency