An ice-cold glass of sweet Peach Iced Tea is the ultimate summertime drink to get you through hot summer days! It’s so refreshing and easy to make!
I love iced tea! I honestly consume gallons upon gallons of tea each year. In the colder months, I gravitate towards the rich flavor of Thai iced tea.
In the warm months, fruity Peach Iced Tea is my drink of choice. Not only is it refreshing, but it gives me the perfect boost of caffeine when it’s too hot to enjoy creamy coffee drinks.
PEACH ICED TEA
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DRINKS pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
I will be the first to admit that I have spent way too much money at Starbucks over the years! When they first introduced their Iced Peach Green Tea Lemonade I fell in love! That drink seriously tasted like one of my all-time favorite candies, peach gummy rings!
Luckily now I can satisfy my cravings without hurting my wallet by making this Peach Iced Tea recipe at home and adding the lemonade myself. It’s way easier to justify pouring a venti-sized glass of tea when I know it isn’t going to cost me $4!
PEACH ICED TEA INGREDIENTS
Peach Simple Syrup- This super easy peach syrup recipe consists of frozen peaches, sugar, and water and can be made in just 10 minutes! It also yields enough syrup for several batches of Peach Iced Tea.
Black Tea Bags- I have used both Earl Grey and regular Lipton black tea to make this recipe and both are delicious. The Lipton is super affordable and has more of that classic iced tea flavor and bite. The earl grey adds a nice smoothness to the drink. Feel free to use whatever you have on hand!
Baking Soda- The baking soda is used to smooth out any bitter flavor from the tea.
Lemon Juice- Feel free to adjust the amount of lemon juice to fit your preference. I tend to put a little more into my tea because I love the tartness that it adds.
HOW TO MAKE PEACH ICED TEA
Making Peach Iced Tea at home is almost just as easy as ordering it at Starbucks!
- Start by making the peach simple syrup. Place the frozen peaches, water, and sugar in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Simmer for 10 minutes, remove from the heat, and then cool to room temperature.
- Next, run the syrup through a fine-mesh sieve to separate any fruit chunks. You can discard the fruit or reserve it to add to your finished tea later on. (We like to spoon the sweetened peach slices over ice cream too!)
- While the syrup cools, add two cups of water to a teapot or pot and bring to it a boil. Add the tea bags and allow them to steep for 5 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags and squeeze them to retain any excess water and tea. Add the brewed tea and the 2 remaining cups of water to a pitcher.
- Finally, stir in the baking soda, lemon, and peach syrup. Allow the tea to chill for at least 1 hour prior to serving.
- As a garnish, add sliced lemons or peaches to the pitcher as desired. Pour over a glass filled with ice cubes and enjoy!
IS PEACH ICED TEA GOOD FOR YOU?
Good news! Homemade Peach Iced Tea is actually a good source of vitamins and minerals because you’re using real fruit! It is also beneficial because peaches are loaded with antioxidants which can help to fight off cancer-causing free radical cells in your body. It’s also just so tasty it is sure to put you in a good mood!
However, just like any sweetened drink, you may want to watch just how much you consume- especially if you like your tea extra sweet. I love tea because I can play around with the sweetness depending on my mood or adjust it based on how much sugar I have already had that day.
OTHER REFRESHING DRINK RECIPES
- Copycat Starbucks Pink Drink
- Raspberry Peach Iced Tea
- Peach Mango Lemonade
- Chai Tea Frappuccino
- Peach Lemonade
- More DRINK recipes…
TOOLS USED TO MAKE THIS PEACH ICED TEA RECIPE
Strainer: This fine mesh strainer is perfect for delivering the best simple syrup result.
Pitcher: Perfect for serving guests or storing in the fridge, this pitcher is both functional and elegant.
- 1 cup frozen peaches
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 cups water
- 4 bags black tea
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 lemon juiced (plus more to taste)
- 1/2 cup peach syrup plus more to taste
- To make the simple syrup, combine the peaches, water, and sugar in a small pot and bring to a simmer. Let simmer for 10 minutes then remove from heat and allow to cool completely before using, about 30 minutes
- Strain the syrup through a fine-mesh sieve to separate out the fruit. You can discard the peaches, or reserve them to serve with the finished tea or serve them over some ice cream.
- Once the syrup is cooled, add 2 cups of water to a teapot or saucepan and bring to a boil. Add the tea bags and let steep for 5 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags, squeezing them to pull out any excess water and tea. Then add the 2 remaining cups of water to a pitcher along with the tea.
- Stir in the baking soda, lemon juice, and peach syrup. (You can add more peach syrup if you like your tea sweeter.) Add sliced lemons and peaches to the pitcher if desired and chill for 1 hour before serving.
- The syrup recipe should yield about ¾ cup of syrup. If you like sweet tea you can add all of it to the recipe.
- I have used both Earl Grey and regular Lipton black to make this recipe and both are delicious. The Lipton has more of that classic iced tea flavor and bite, but the earl grey adds a nice smoothness to the drink.
- The baking soda is used to smooth out any bitter flavor from the tea.